Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been more or less lurking on this forum for about a year. Finally bought my 05 R. Silver last week. I think this one's a KEEPER! Got a little pbm. but dont want to go to dealer yet. Radio turns on but no sound. I checked the amp fuse and is OK. I did a search and there is apparantly a touchy signal to amp set up. One member mentioned the auto volume control under the hood occassionally needs fiddleing with but I can't locate that. Anyone have any Ideas. Peter

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
No Sound

Take it right back to the dealer. I recommend that you don't fiddle with anything, untill your warranty has expired.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Mine began having the exact same problem two days before I read your post so I was very interested in finding the solution. With my SSR, the radio would look like it was on, but if you tried to change the volume either with the knob or the steering wheel switch, the bar display would not show up on the radio display.

I think that means the amplifier is not coming on. I checked the radio and amp fuse...no problems. The amplifier is located under the passenger seat and I remember seeing a post a while back about the wires coming loose if you put stuff under the seat. So I tried jiggling the wires to see if there was a loose contact to the amp. No effect.

However, when I left work today the radio mysteriously started working again. I don't know if the jiggling helped, but it couldn't hurt. My experience says that you should jiggle the wires, wait 13hrs, and the problem will disappear. (who knows, that might be the approved GM procedure that will cost $140 at the dealer)

Texster68

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks texter68 I'll give it a jiggle> From what I hearing though, the radio has to "talk" to the amp to turn it on, and apparantly something interfers with that process untill it decides to listen. Im sure there is some proceedure that is repeatable to fix this. When I find out , Ill let the forum know..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts