Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about half way up the cylinder. Is it going to blow up if I just leave it like that?

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Turkey Baster works great for over flows!!!!
Machelle- the "Martha Stewart" of our forum :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
wildcat66 said:
You are absolutely correct 'cat! I use that exact item to remove all the brake fluid from the master cylinder before bleeding the brakes with fresh fluid. Very handy garage item (although I wouldn't have the foggiest idea what to use it for in the kitchen!)

Blast

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
You guys crack me up!!! Should I get a new turkey baster :lol:lol Rebel come on down we can eat turkey and yell at the cowboys!!!! ;)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wildcat66 said:
Unfortunately, my computer department doesn't stock turkey basters!

It was kind of strange going from my 21st century computers back into 18th century technology, with all these fluids and mechanical dipstick measuring systems. :lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have found the dip stick measurement to be very sensitive to just the slightest overfill. I noted that mine was showing that the fluid was a low and I added a very little amount of fluid and the re-measurement ran up a whole inch over the fill mark. My casual observation is that the fill mark is at the top of the steering pump cavity and anything over that shows up in the 'throat' of the pump. Paper towels brought the fluid level back down. Guess I am not suppose to top off the fluid levels in this vehicle!

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Scheide said:
Use turkey baster from the kitchen. Flush with gasoline when done. Put back in kitchen, don't tell wife.

:glol :glol :glol

RickSSR:cool

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
That's why

Scheide said:
Use turkey baster from the kitchen. Flush with gasoline when done. Put back in kitchen, don't tell wife.
That's why her turkey has that great taste :glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know it's been years since this post but I just gotta say thanks so much. The paper towels got the extra fluid out. I can not thank you enough :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts