Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. Ive decided to trade my Dodge Magnum for an SSR as a retirement gift for me! Magnum is great but not the hot rod I now want ..this is from an EDSEL owner!...Anyway what price range should I be looking at..If MSRP is 45k then? What about 50K? Classics I know but... .......Gary Upstate NY :ssr

·
Registered
893 Posts
???????????

grubin said:
Hello All. Ive decided to trade my Dodge Magnum for an SSR as a retirement gift for me! Magnum is great but not the hot rod I now want ..this is from an EDSEL owner!...Anyway what price range should I be looking at..If MSRP is 45k then? What about 50K? Classics I know but... .......Gary Upstate NY :ssr

Most who are buy now are paying in the low to mid 30's........Check some of the threads........:cool

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
I almost went with the Magnum, wanted a HEMI and the roof rack for our long (surf) boards. The one Dodge Dealer here was ignorant to say the least, doesn't come with a roof rack or a HEMI. Roof Rack is an aftermarket accessory and the Magnum is only offered with a 6 cylinder. Really!!! Then why does the "Build it Yourself" website, offer it? He said we were mistaken. Well, we've seen dozens of them on the mainland built that way. Again, we were told, we are mistaken. We walked out and he was the General Manager! Expensive mistake on his part. The SSR found us a month later and I'm still grinning ear to ear! Buy the SSR, a lot for sale on ebay at really good prices!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I concur, if you watch ebay, this should give you a basis for what price point you are looking for. I found my deal at Pete Moore Chevy in Pensecola, Fl. Got an 05 aqua blur 6-spd for 31,600.00 had 5,600 miles on it with remaining factory warranty. This was a GM auction program car so it was used someplace in the GM family of dealers and then put into the auction and purchased by Pete Moore Chevy. I read the printout of the auction -Vehicle MSRP was 47,500 and auction price was 28.900. Hard to believe it was discounted so much but its mine now. If you are interested in a slightly used one, ask your dealer about this program to see if you can get them to shop for you.

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
grubin said:
Ive decided to trade my Dodge Magnum for an SSR as a retirement gift for me!
SSR and retirement . . . You will be so HAPPY it will take a plastic surgeon to remove your smile!! :) Enjoy your retirement and your SSR!

Blast

·
Registered
3 Posts
SSR Pricing

grubin said:

I am going to a chevy dealer this pm to talk pricing on 2006 SSR's. Nancy and I have a 2004 Smokin Asphalt and I am thinking of getting a 2006 Redline Red. A pair would be very nice, huh? I requested a quote through GM online and I was given two local dealerships and they both sent me quotes of $37,339 and $38,754. Don'tm know what options, that is why I am going to talk to them. Our 2004 only has 2700 miles on it.I absolutely love it. I think it rides as good if not better than my Cadillac. Will let you know what happens at dealership. Bill

·
Registered
10 Posts
2005 Red SSR in Rochester

Gary I have a 2005 Red SSR (LS2) auto with only 1,200 miles on it. The car is loaded and I'm gonna buy a caddy CTSV instead. I'm looking for 33K for the SSR. If you are interested let me know by email [email protected] or call 585 615-2321.

If not good luck

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Before you buy make sure you have a lot of limit left on your Visa card for all the mods your gonna want once you get her. :smash

·
Registered
9 Posts
grubin said:
If it helps..........

I bought my new 05 Yellow 6 spd, 3 weeks ago (Jan28) for $35k...MSRP was $50,800. I think I could have done better with an auto, but I wanted the stick. I talked to other dealers who were willing to get into the mid 30's also, but only after pushing them a little. The deal was without any GM discount.

Good luck!

Griff

·
Registered
893 Posts
Best of both worlds?????

Whitewolf said:
Most who are buy now are paying in the low to mid 30's........Check some of the threads........:cool

Why not have the best of both worlds........We've got'em both.....Love them both.....My SSR ......And my wifes Magnum SRT8..........:seeya

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SSR Purchase

Thanks Everyone for the great info.... I'll enjoy the shopping and let all know .. I havent even driven one yet...Yes the Magnum is a great car which get many looks (mods done) too but the SSR is very unique ride Again Thanks to all

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Option codes?

As I'm looking on the internet, what option package or model code should I be looking for if I'm looking for a 2006 6-speed with chrome package, body-b-colored running boards, and carpeted bed?

Thanks!:seeya

1 - 14 of 14 Posts