Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New SSR owner is lost in here. I posted a thread regarding transmission locking up on 2004 SSR and cannot find it anywhere. I think I was in the right discussion spot as I posted it in the SSR tech discussion thread. Could use some assistance navigating this maze of postings. I still need some help with figuring out why my transmission just up and locked up on me for no apparent reason.

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
The automatics has a shift cable that fails due to a plastic/nylon bushing that melts because it's so close to the catalytic converter. Dictator and Simple Engineering have replacement parts made with a stainless bushing that is a permanent fix. Very inexpensive and easy to do yourself with step by step instructions!
Odds are that's the problem. Others may touch base as well with other ideas but this is pretty typical.
Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
New SSR owner is lost in here. I posted a thread regarding transmission locking up on 2004 SSR and cannot find it anywhere. I think I was in the right discussion spot as I posted it in the SSR tech discussion thread. Could use some assistance navigating this maze of postings. I still need some help with figuring out why my transmission just up and locked up on me for no apparent reason.
:)
Note the "search community" box at the top of the page. Put your cursor in that box and then enter some (search argument) words as you used in your original post..........for example....transmission locking up.

Then hit the enter key to activate the search. DO NOT attempt to click on the magnifying glass icon to begin the search, that will result in nothing happening.

Don't ask how I know that.:mad:

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
37,551 Posts
Welcome explain your problem again I think you forgot to hit post reply because I searched all your posts and this is the only post you have? :)

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,418 Posts
The transmission cable issue is one of the most common. You should be able to put a jack under the drivers side and slide underneath to put the cable back on the lever on the side of the transmission. BE SURE TO CHOCK THE WHEELS FIRST!!!!! This will get you the ability to move it, if you have to.

If this is your issue, just go to my web site and order the $20 permanent fix that our friend Dictator (Dick Bellville) created. Here’s a link: https://shop.simple-engineering.com/product.sc?productId=94&categoryId=21

If you need someone to talk to, call me.

Regards,

Mike 480-225-2123

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The automatics has a shift cable that fails due to a plastic/nylon bushing that melts because it's so close to the catalytic converter. Dictator and Simple Engineering have replacement parts made with a stainless bushing that is a permanent fix. Very inexpensive and easy to do yourself with step by step instructions!
Odds are that's the problem. Others may touch base as well with other ideas but this is pretty typical.
Good Luck!

Thanks so much for that information I will check itout tomorrow and let you know if that was or is the problem. Can't thank you enough for replying so quickly.

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
@Darrell King, Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the round Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your Location and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. On the left side of the page click on "Signature". Again put the year of your SSR, and anything else you want to show in your posts. Then CLICK "SAVE" at the bottom. That way we can help you better if you have a problem.

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Darrell, as far as your “lost” post goes, your profile only shows you have one discussion. That would be this one. I’m guessing your missing post is gone forever.

·
MY05SSR
490 Posts
First, Welcome from Northeast Georgia. I have seen a plastic bushing go bad on one a couple years ago. I have only had this automatic R for a couple months and so far so good. Some one out there will help you, this is the best group of Fanatics around and the smartest

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
37,551 Posts
Good Luck!

The transmission cable issue is one of the most common. You should be able to put a jack under the drivers side and slide underneath to put the cable back on the lever on the side of the transmission. BE SURE TO CHOCK THE WHEELS FIRST!!!!! This will get you the ability to move it, if you have to.

If this is your issue, just go to my web site and order the $20 permanent fix that our friend Dictator (Dick Bellville) created. Here’s a link: https://shop.simple-engineering.com/product.sc?productId=94&categoryId=21

If you need someone to talk to, call me.

Regards,

Mike 480-225-2123
Darrell King, Where are you located ? Almost anywhere in the US is a FANATIC willing to help !
and Welcome from GEORGIA
Thanks so much for that information I will check itout tomorrow and let you know if that was or is the problem. Can't thank you enough for replying so quickly.
Just curious did you get your problem resolved ???????? :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts