Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am reinstalling my Magna Charger after rebuild and have question. Looking at the engine on the left side or passenger side there is a hose barb sticking up (3/8" est.)and I'm not sure what connects to it. :frown2: Of course all the pictures I took when I removed the Charger none of them show me what I need to see. I found a picture in the install instructions and it looks like it is capped off, but there is no mention of this in the manual. See pictures below. Any thoughts.

Another question, since Magnuson produced these chargers in 2004 is there updates to the programing that I should install? I sent my Superchips device back in Nov 2004 for an update (IC455RBB.MTF) which was the last upload. Any thoughts on this? Contact Magnuson? Superchargers online did the rebuild (Magnuson refer me to them) and told me they couldn't help me on the updates.

Thanks for any help.
Tom

Attachments

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,998 Posts
The 3/8" hose fitting you are looking at is from the top of the valley cover. This is used for PVC draw on some engines. Others use the fitting on the back end of the driver's side valve cover. You only need to connect one of them to the vacuum side of the inlet...... Probably was the one on the valve cover..... This one is normally capped on the SSR.

Mike

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Another question, since Magnuson produced these chargers in 2004 is there updates to the programing that I should install? I sent my Superchips device back in Nov 2004 for an update (IC455RBB.MTF) which was the last upload. Any thoughts on this? Contact Magnuson? Superchargers online did the rebuild (Magnuson refer me to them) and told me they couldn't help me on the updates.

Thanks for any help.
Tom
The best thing you can do is get a custom tune. You will get more power and plus the tune will be setup for how your engine runs. Not some generic tune that won't get the most out of your setup. The hand held tuning tools cannot and will not get the most out of an engine. I have seen both and I use a pro tuning setup that has no limits like the hand held unit do. The hand held units have a safety factor built into them, that limits how much you can change. In otherwards idiot proof to keep them off the hook if and when you screw up your engine. Where as a pro tuning setup does not have limits and takes someone that knows what to and what not to modify.

You can pick up close to 50 hp with a pro tune over a hand held on most supercharger setups. So it is worth doing.

·
Daily Driver
8,930 Posts
Jeremy from FL sometimes comes up to his buddy's garage in York, PA sometime in the spring. That would be your best bet to get it right.
This was one time.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Talk to East Coast Superchargers in New Jersey. They tuned my R before I moved to Florida and got me more power than the Maggie tune.
Bob

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the advise all, I will look for someone to do the set the car up close to home

1 - 6 of 6 Posts