Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!!! So here what's going on... 2 weeks ago my grandfather passed away. It was very very unexpected and my whole family is just a mess trying to deal with the loss. My grandmother is struggling to pull together money for the funeral and how she's going to afford to live from here on out is still unknown. Long story short my grandpa owned a Chevy SSR that he devoted all his spare time and money to. My grandmother has decides to sell it because it's the only way to make ends meet. She sold the car 5 days ago but now were stuck with all sorta of car parts that we have no clue what to do with or where to turn to try to return any of them. The biggest one we have left is a Stiffening plate with OEM cross member installation kit... can you tell i copied it right off the packing slip?! If anyone knows what I can do with this or where I would take it please let me know. Heck if anyone on here would like to buy it I will give you one hell of a cheap deal. Please any help at all would do our family wonders. I greatly appreciate it ahead of time!!!!!

Chelsea and the Dahl family

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
I bet there is someone close to where you are that can help. Maybe you can share a location (city and State)?

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,398 Posts
Sorry for you loss. Was you Grandfather a member here? Have you tried contacting the vendors? ;Where are you located? Someone nearby might be able to help with what you have and how to handle it.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Our prayers.

I am sorry for and your mother's loss.

Again if you can give a list and the location it would help.

I am sure that there are things that people can use.

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Yes, first of all where do live ??? Second, please give us some info on ther SSR ... YEAR, COLOR, carpeted cargo bed, runnin' boards, chrome rims or alloy rims, MILEAGE.

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather Chelsea, but let us know your location so one of our SSRfanatic Guys or Gals can help you. Your Grandfather was certainly blessed to have an SSR, may he rest in peace and God bless your Grandmother and your Family. :smile2:

Saturday morning a little after 5 am ... Truck is sold !!! tennessee"can't read"dog !!! Thanks Flaash, you got one on me. :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: Bob :ssr

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,392 Posts
ChelseaDa00, Prayers for your Grandfather and y'all. like they said, your location and pictures of what you have would help. Keep your eye on "Private Messages" (PM's) under the red banner for members contacting you. Since you only have one post I think you can get PM's but you can't send them. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I hope the best for your Family

Nick

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
You should try and identify the parts you have available

Grandfather would have purchased the stiffening plate from MikeinAZ whose webpage is:
https://shop.simple-engineering.com/category.sc?categoryId=12

Chances are he may have purchased other items from Mike as well.
The stiffening plate is a very desirable item - very saleable especially if you discount it a bit

There is a separate area on the Main Forum Page to start a thread for Parts For Sale if you decide to list them

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry as well for whats happened . not sure why u didn't sell to new owner but i would be interested in buying all u have.

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Is there anyone registered with the SSR fanatics community with the last name of Dahl? Maybe that's a way to find out about the car?

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Chelsea,
Sorry for Your Families Loss and Our prayers and thoughts go out too them. You have come too the right place, This is also a Family and I am sure that anything that You may have that pertains too an SSR will find a New home among the people on here. You need too make a list of everything You have or take a picture of it if you dont know what it is, someone on here ( one of the Moderators I am sure ) will help you present that information too the site and stand back and watch the offers come flying in. Hope this helps some.

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
Yes, first of all where do live ??? Second, please give us some info on ther SSR ... YEAR, COLOR, carpeted cargo bed, runnin' boards, chrome rims or alloy rims, MILEAGE.

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather Chelsea, but let us know your location so one of our SSRfanatic Guys or Gals can help you. Your Grandfather was certainly blessed to have an SSR, may he rest in peace and God bless your Grandmother and your Family. :smile2:
First post says truck is already sold, just selling parts.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,072 Posts
Hi guys!!! So here what's going on... 2 weeks ago my grandfather passed away. It was very very unexpected and my whole family is just a mess trying to deal with the loss. My grandmother is struggling to pull together money for the funeral and how she's going to afford to live from here on out is still unknown. Long story short my grandpa owned a Chevy SSR that he devoted all his spare time and money to. My grandmother has decides to sell it because it's the only way to make ends meet. She sold the car 5 days ago but now were stuck with all sorta of car parts that we have no clue what to do with or where to turn to try to return any of them. The biggest one we have left is a Stiffening plate with OEM cross member installation kit... can you tell i copied it right off the packing slip?! If anyone knows what I can do with this or where I would take it please let me know. Heck if anyone on here would like to buy it I will give you one hell of a cheap deal. Please any help at all would do our family wonders. I greatly appreciate it ahead of time!!!!!

Chelsea and the Dahl family
Please contact me at your earliest convenience. Send an email to [email protected]

I’m willing to help.

Regards,

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,890 Posts
My error Flassh, thanks for pointing this out !!! t-dog
... Actually it says "she sold THE CAR 5 days ago" and "my grandpa owned an SSR and now she has decided to sell IT" What is "it" ??? The SSR ??? What the "H" is going on ???
It is a SCAM. When someone has a real situation you don't know when to believe them. If they think selling one Stiffener plate will keep grandmother financially set they are in a different world. Like I said read between the lines. Bob,you didn't make any error it does not say the SSR was sold. I do hope they know the difference between a truck and a car.

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
4,908 Posts
The story is being told in chronological order Tdog

grandpa owned a Chevy SSR ,,,,grandmother has decides to sell....... She sold the car 5 days ago

1 - 20 of 38 Posts