Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, First of all I Think I broke my neck installing that dumb guage pod. I went to the Dealer on Saturday and they were going to charge me FOUR HOURS labor to install it. Said the last 2 cars they did they had to take half the interior out to get at the pigtail. SECOND of all I just went to Shell and put my first tank of gas (VPower) in the SSr (first tank was on dealer) WELL the Dealer must have put in regular because the neck snapping has begun :lol This LS2 really has LOADS of torque now that I have the right fuel in her. Im going to be keeping my brother the Chiropractor very busy with freebees. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
IllinoisSSR said:
Well, First of all I Think I broke my neck installing that dumb guage pod. I went to the Dealer on Saturday and they were going to charge me FOUR HOURS labor to install it. Said the last 2 cars they did they had to take half the interior out to get at the pigtail. SECOND of all I just went to Shell and put my first tank of gas (VPower) in the SSr (first tank was on dealer) WELL the Dealer must have put in regular because the neck snapping has begun :lol This LS2 really has LOADS of torque now that I have the right fuel in her. Im going to be keeping my brother the Chiropractor very busy with freebees. :thumbs
Man Illinois SSR, as much as I like to neck snap I just don't understand it. For some reason all I want to do is CRUISE! since I got this thing. All the way home on the expressway it was tight and everyone was going around me after they took a good look along with a few honks. Maybe because I was just CRUISEING!

·
Registered
374 Posts
4 hours? Yeesh!

IllinoisSSR said:
According to the accessory order guide for Chevy Dealers (my dealer copied out the SSR section for me) GM says 1.0 hours to install. That's what they credit the dealer to install it when ordered with the truck, and that's what a dealer should charge to install it, whatever their 1.0 hour shop labor rate is. Granted, you can probably do it in less time, but that's the official install time.

You dealer is a greedy SOB, and stupid, because overcharging 4X the labor rate he lost the business. How much did they make you putting it in yourself? I rest my case.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Jetcop20 said:
Triple digits till ya scream never ever drive at 55
Triple digits? Naaah. I want them to know what it is and hear the engine rumble. The ones that need to know already know what it is and what it'll do.

It's all about the CRUISE.

·
Registered
2005 SSR
436 Posts
Someone driving over the speed limit is trying to steal the road. :reddevil
Someone that drives under the speed limit 'owns' the road. :cool

Skip

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Jetcop20 said:
I know what it will do.............cause I drive it......if I want to hear it rumble I'll sit in the driveway
Yes sir I know what it'll do also that's why I got rid of my 350Z for it. I've punched one pretty good a few times also. I use to punch my Z constantly. Plus I can punch it and not worry about a ticket. But the fact is that I like it so much and seem to get so much attention in it I just can't help but CRUISE.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
In Roosevelt's words . . . . .

SS My R said:
Triple digits? Naaah. I want them to know what it is and hear the engine rumble. The ones that need to know already know what it is and what it'll do.

It's all about the CRUISE.
"Speak softly, but . . . . carry a big stick" ;)

Gary (WearyEagle)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts