Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase the interior trim panel for the Bed Cover that is part of the optional ($895) bed trim compartment pkg. This trim panel has a light in it and little storage compartment. This piece SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON ALL SSR'S seeing as these are $40K + trucks, not cheapo trucks. I need to use my truck for local deliveries and would have ruined the carpet/fake wood strips but the upper interior trim panel will give it a finished look. 2 Chevy dealers have looked on their parts offering and this doesn't show up! I brought them a photo and they still couldn't find this item. A molded panel and about 20 push in clips hold it on. If anyone comes up with parts #s, that would be helpfull!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Interior trim panel

Ditto that! I, too, am interested in the top panel with the light. The rest of the bed interior package is useless (and even a hinderance) to my needs.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Part # for '03 satin running boards

Anyone know of this part number and list price? Satin finish '03 running boards. Thanks

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
If I can remember to look tomorrow, I will get you the part # and price of the running boards. Mine has them and I think it makes the truck. Sure you have to step over them to get in, but my granddaughter doesn't!
I checked today on the bed trim pieces that some were asking about. They are not listed anywhere. Perhaps after our next catalog update they will be in there. I also looked for the rock guards on the rear fenders and failed to locate them also.:confused

·
Registered
705 Posts
Thanks Wayne. The dealer said that the part was $200. a bit steep but I have no other choice. I've decided to go with them ($835) for the repairs since other estimates were in the ballpark. I'm putting through the insurance since I have a $500 deductible and they will not raise my rate for anything less than $750 (state farm)

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Realprowlerfan......check your email

Hi Realprowlerfan......could you contact me please. I have a question. I emailed you but I dont know if it went through. thanks. [email protected]

·
Registered
181 Posts
FIREBALLONE-3, The part# for the running boards is #12499191. Dealer cost is $629.30 with a retail of $899.00. I've tried ordering a set through 3 Chevrolet dealers and 2 internet GM parts sites and all of them say that they can't be ordered at this time. They are in "order constraint" which means the supplier is sending all they manafacture direct to the assembly line and none to GM parts. If you find anyone who has them, or can get them, pls. let me know as I need a set badly. Living on a gravel rd. creates rock chips which I hope the running boards will help block somewhat. Good luck and I hope you find 2 sets, one for you and one for me!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
running boards

I ordered a set from gmdirect ,got them in 10 days.

·
Registered
181 Posts
BILLDR, Was that www.gmpartsdirect.com that you got your running boards from? If so, when did you order yours? I tried parts direct last Monday and they e-mailed me back saying "part not available at this time due to order constraint". I've tried every aftermarketer I know of and have been unable, thus far, to buy running boards for my Redline Red SSR. I really need a set. Any info. you can provide will be appreciated.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes it was gm partsdirect ,ordered mine on 11/21/03 ,got them on12/03/03,guess i was just luckly with my timing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
BILLDR, Did all the necessary mounting bolts, etc. come with the boards and was it a simple matter of just bolting 3 bolts on each side to mount them? I'm going to go ahead and place an oder through Parts Direct with the hope that GM releases the "order constraint" and the supply of running boards will be available SOON. Thanks.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I opened the boxs ,it looks real simple,all the bolt holes are tapped . I pick my ssr up in the morning.I never saw the running boards on anything ,so i didn't order them.after i saw them they look nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts