Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ooops, my original posting with this Subject heading stated that I would appreciate help with glove box removal. My bad. I meant to say ASHTRAY removal. I need it taken out*to send off for an aftermarket fix. However, the more I've read on the subject it appears removal of the two bolts to free it from the dash is a bit of a pain. That being the case plus the lack of a volunteer to date (can't blame 'em) I'll just let the Chevy dealer deal with it.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,573 Posts
Are you going to let the dealer repair it or just have them remove it? I hope the latter because I am sure Dragon2u will do a great job for you and will make it relatively easy to reinstall.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,017 Posts
Ooops, my original posting with this Subject heading stated that I would appreciate help with glove box removal. My bad. I meant to say ASHTRAY removal. I need it taken out*to send off for an aftermarket fix. However, the more I've read on the subject it appears removal of the two bolts to free it from the dash is a bit of a pain. That being the case plus the lack of a volunteer to date (can't blame 'em) I'll just let the Chevy dealer deal with it.
unless you have the factory gauge pod on the console then the screws are not that bad to get at with a stubby screwdriver.
Dealer is $100/hr for labor and you'll end up with a $600 bill to replace the ashtray because they will want to use OEM parts not just fix it.
If you do have the gauge pod then here is a thread on removal.
https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/console-gauge-pod-removal-217857/

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,071 Posts
I am surprised no one from the Florida chapter has even posted a response.
I am not sure have far away this is, but might be worth the drive. Also an opportunity to meet other ssr fanatics even though the can't respond to your request.

https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f39/hands-tech-day-feb-16th-247965/

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,573 Posts

·
MY05SSR
605 Posts
I would go with another fanatic before I would take to dealer around here, mine has gauge cluster which makes it a bear

·
Registered
483 Posts
Tom is a good guy. Always willing to help. Proud to have him as a part of our “RGang” here in the Orlando area.
We all lead a busy life , and it may take a little while to get to all the request we receive. But we try.
Thanks Tom for all you do.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,641 Posts
*PROBLEM SOLVED*
Once again Tom Sorensen (soren703) came to the rescue. Fortunate for me he only lives 5 miles away. Ashtray is out and ready for the final fix.
Don
Way to go Tom!!! Don, just curious----did you watch? and do you think you can put it back in???

Nick

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,573 Posts
Way to go Tom!!! Don, just curious----did you watch? and do you think you can put it back in???

Nick
I have no doubt he can IF the holes get slotted as suggested.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nick,
I will undoubtedly need some help in reinstalling. If I get the fix back in time for Deltona next month that may be then answer.

Nick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts