Chevy SSR Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
wildcat66 said:
John I will get you the info for the guy at the airport tomorrow.! I hate that it happened. Might be cheaper to buy an extra wheel! :)

Thanks Machell, I'd appreciate that. I'm almost wishing I had got the standard vs. chromed wheels. They sure seem a lot easier to repair. :yellow:

Jmalzahn said:
Thanks Machell, I'd appreciate that. I'm almost wishing I had got the standard vs. chromed wheels. They sure seem a lot easier to repair. :yellow:
oooohhh....that sound like a trade???? :eek
I'm sure someone would make the trade with you.
If you lived in Jersey, I would drive over there right now :glol

rj5620 said:
I hit my drivers side front wheel on bank drive thru. The tire does not stick out enough, so if you get close, the wheel hits first. The design of the side is such that with the deep fenders, you need to get real close to reach the bank box, and hazard ruining your wheel.

Richard :cuss
Ween you get around to replacing your tires, look at the BF Goodrich KDW tires. Original sizes, great looking tread pattern and thet have a wheel protection bead that sticks out past the wheel to protect it. good traction, better I think than the Goodyears and have less road noise.

BUDDYWHITE said:
Ween you get around to replacing your tires, look at the BF Goodrich KDW tires. Original sizes, great looking tread pattern and thet have a wheel protection bead that sticks out past the wheel to protect it. good traction, better I think than the Goodyears and have less road noise.
I do not believe that BF Goodrich has the 255/45R19 tires

woohoo said:
I need to touch up my right front brushed aluminum wheel. :nono I curbed it :cuss I have been to auto zone etc. and they weren' t:banghead much help finding a matching touch up. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Great reason to buy new chrome one's.

bboulet said:
Great reason to buy new chrome one's.
My Chevy dealer priced out replacement chrome wheels are at $887 each. I also checked around with several wheel repair vendor and found the 6-7 week timeframe to be fairly consistent. Apparently, there are only a handful of facilities set up with the technology and equipment for replating automotive wheels. They all seem to be located in CA. I was quoted a price to repair scrapes/gouges and re-apply the chrome at approximately $350 per wheel.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.