Chevy SSR Forum banner

Help Please!!!

2K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  Jmalzahn 
#1 ·
I need to touch up my right front brushed aluminum wheel. :nono I curbed it :cuss I have been to auto zone etc. and they weren' t:banghead much help finding a matching touch up. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

#5 ·
Have already done this

I have a Firestone store here in Round Rock who has already done this for me. They used a company in Dallas... took my wheel and tire, shipped it to Dallas and 48 hours later, I had my wheel back with the scratches all fixed and looking like new. I have asked them to give me the name of the company in Dallas and will post that as soon as I get an answer back from them. Total cost to me was around $135 plus tax per wheel (so not too expensive). My Chevy dealer Don Hewlett quoted me $170 plus tax per wheel and they used the same company in Dallas. I would assume that we could go directly to the Dallas company and it may be even less than the above quote. These same guys are checking to see if they will be able to work with the company in California who traded painted wheels for chrome wheels for Jim G. I will post what the deal is and if you are interested, we may be able to get the Firestone folks to do this for several of us in the Austin area. Hope this helps... :)

#7 ·
Watch out for the bank drive thrus!

I hit my drivers side front wheel on bank drive thru. The tire does not stick out enough, so if you get close, the wheel hits first. The design of the side is such that with the deep fenders, you need to get real close to reach the bank box, and hazard ruining your wheel.

Richard :cuss

#10 ·
wheels

Thanks wildcat66. Bob told me he could send it out from his parts dept. for repair so guess I'll go that route, but for the cost I think I'll wait until I mess it up more. l know it will happen again, :cuss so guess I'll just live with this ding for a while :)

#11 ·
I emailed Jerry to get the info, I don't know if he got his fixed but we could go in for a group deal they will do it on the truck but we would need to park it for 24 hours. and I have a place we could do this when we are ready. I will let you know when I get the info.

#12 ·
About wheel damage

I was looking at BobA's SSR and he had replacement tires made by TOYO that had a raised rib near the bead and close to the wheel that was to protect the wheel from scraping. When I need tires I will take a hard look at those! If, by chance, you are ready for tires I recommend you write to BobA for particulars. :seeya

#13 ·
Fix those scratched painted wheels...

woohoo said:
I need to touch up my right front brushed aluminum wheel. :nono I curbed it :cuss I have been to auto zone etc. and they weren' t:banghead much help finding a matching touch up. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Finally got the name of the company in Dallas that fixes the wheels... it is Wheel Technologies... telephone number 800-210-2371... they also have an office and repair shop in Austin... these are the guys that the Firestone dealer here in Round Rock used... Firestone charged me $135 for each wheel for repair... took 48 hours to ship to Wheel Technologies have repair and back to Firestone to get remounted on the beast. They did a fantastic job :yesnod... can not tell where the original scratch was. Hope this works out for you. I called them and they will take retail customers, but don't know how much they will charge... would expect it would be less than the Firestone dealer. :thumbs :thumbs

#15 ·
Daven said:
Finally got the name of the company in Dallas that fixes the wheels... it is Wheel Technologies... telephone number 800-210-2371... they also have an office and repair shop in Austin... these are the guys that the Firestone dealer here in Round Rock used... Firestone charged me $135 for each wheel for repair... took 48 hours to ship to Wheel Technologies have repair and back to Firestone to get remounted on the beast. They did a fantastic job :yesnod... can not tell where the original scratch was. Hope this works out for you. I called them and they will take retail customers, but don't know how much they will charge... would expect it would be less than the Firestone dealer. :thumbs :thumbs

Wheel Technologies of N Tx
1225 E Crosby Rd # A21, Carrollton, TX 972-242-3485

Wheel Technologies Inc
14030 N Stemmons Fwy, Dallas, TX 972-331-4600

Wheel Technologies Inc
13250 Valley Branch Ln, Dallas, TX 972-242-8324

I have three different address under that name. Will call Monday and find out if they are all the same or not.

#16 ·
Wheel damage

You had posted this info last year for a local wheel repair comapny here in Dallas. However, they appear to be out of business. I need to find another one like them. These guys would have been perfect.

Wheel Technologies of N Tx
1225 E Crosby Rd # A21, Carrollton, TX 972-242-3485

Wheel Technologies Inc
14030 N Stemmons Fwy, Dallas, TX 972-331-4600

Wheel Technologies Inc
13250 Valley Branch Ln, Dallas, TX 972-242-8324

I have three different address under that name. Will call Monday and find out if they are all the same or not.

Focks

#18 · (Edited)
Watching out for Those Wheels:

Guys:

There's just no substitute for just taking your time and being extra careful. When I'm going through bank drive through lanes, I ALWAYS roll my window down and I look outside and down to get real close to, without obviously touching, the curb. I do this no matter where I'm at, even when parking next to a curb.

Alex

#19 ·
Alex05SSR said:
Guys:

There's just not substitute for just taking your time and being extra careful. When I'm going through bank drive through lanes, I ALWAYS roll my window down and I look outside and down to get real close to, without obviously touching, the curb. I do this no matter where I'm at, even when parking next to a curb.

Alex
Exactly, Once you whack a rim its done. You need to have it re done. ONE TIME I parked within in 1/2 to 1/4inch a a VERY HIGH Curb It took me almost 20 minutes to shimmy the truck back and forth enough to pull the truck away from it to safely exit. You must REALLY pay attention when driving with flange less wheels.

#20 ·
ZsSSR said:
I have used Rimpro (of AZ) in the past for fixing damaged wheels. They did a great job correcting a Chrome OZ Racing wheel (from a Lexus SC430) that had a Bend.

http://www.rimpro.com

-Z

Did it really take the full 6 weeks indicated on the website? That is a long down time. I'm not sure I could afford to wait that long. I dinged my chrome wheels this weekend and am looking for a similar repair facility in the Dallas area and with hopefully faster turn-around.

#23 ·
Jmalzahn said:
Thanks Machell, I'd appreciate that. I'm almost wishing I had got the standard vs. chromed wheels. They sure seem a lot easier to repair. :yellow:
oooohhh....that sound like a trade???? :eek
I'm sure someone would make the trade with you.
If you lived in Jersey, I would drive over there right now :glol

#26 ·
rj5620 said:
I hit my drivers side front wheel on bank drive thru. The tire does not stick out enough, so if you get close, the wheel hits first. The design of the side is such that with the deep fenders, you need to get real close to reach the bank box, and hazard ruining your wheel.

Richard :cuss
Ween you get around to replacing your tires, look at the BF Goodrich KDW tires. Original sizes, great looking tread pattern and thet have a wheel protection bead that sticks out past the wheel to protect it. good traction, better I think than the Goodyears and have less road noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.