Chevy SSR Forum banner

Help Please!!!

3K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  Jmalzahn 
#1 ·
I need to touch up my right front brushed aluminum wheel. :nono I curbed it :cuss I have been to auto zone etc. and they weren' t:banghead much help finding a matching touch up. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

#27 ·
BUDDYWHITE said:
Ween you get around to replacing your tires, look at the BF Goodrich KDW tires. Original sizes, great looking tread pattern and thet have a wheel protection bead that sticks out past the wheel to protect it. good traction, better I think than the Goodyears and have less road noise.
I do not believe that BF Goodrich has the 255/45R19 tires

#29 ·
bboulet said:
Great reason to buy new chrome one's.
My Chevy dealer priced out replacement chrome wheels are at $887 each. I also checked around with several wheel repair vendor and found the 6-7 week timeframe to be fairly consistent. Apparently, there are only a handful of facilities set up with the technology and equipment for replating automotive wheels. They all seem to be located in CA. I was quoted a price to repair scrapes/gouges and re-apply the chrome at approximately $350 per wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.