Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
NC License: TOPLESSR
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas, my door locks started going up and down, gauges swinging. Cut ignition switch off and now nothing.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,365 Posts
Any ideas, my door locks started going up and down, gauges swinging. Cut ignition switch off and now nothing.
Open the hood and pull the fuse box cover off. Without trying to start the engine or anything else..... What is the voltage on the main terminal (closest to the fender) of the engine fuse box?

Mike

·
NC License: TOPLESSR
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no tools. I did get to a Chevrolet dealer before I cut it off. I am here now.

·
BlueStreak
26,740 Posts
I have no tools. I did get to a Chevrolet dealer before I cut it off. I am here now.
Also let us know where you are along the route to Maggie Valley and let your hotel know you might be late. We will be waiting to hear from you.

·
BlueStreak
26,740 Posts
Just spoke with DeJul1987 and he said his phone is dying so he could not reply here. The dealer found a dead cell on the battery and he is getting it replaced and will be back on the road. He had spoken to Dicktator as well.
At this point it looks like all is well and he should be here (Maggie Valley) in about 4 hours. He said he is currently near the intersection of I-20 and I-95

·
Premium Member
9,199 Posts
:surprise:
I just love this family!!!

:lurk
Ditto!!!!

Great to know someone has your back when you're on the road.

I just need to learn how to communicate using my phone when I'm not at home.:surprise:

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Like I've said before. This group is like bikers only a lot less leather and that's a good thing. Always willing to help and never leave a brother behind.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
AS Per the Dicktator

Dick says that when he has his battery replaced he replaces the neg- battery cable. Very prone to deterioration, causes all kinds of problems. Make sure to really clean both places on the frame and body where the cable connects. Cost about $20 to $25 at NAPA.

Jack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts