Chevy SSR Forum banner

HELP - Top and Windows will not move!!i

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  SoCADesertRat 
#1 ·
Marilyn has been sitting in the garage with her top down for a couple of weeks since her last car show. Going to another show tomorrow but now neither the top nor the window switches will actuate their respective functions. Door locks and TC switches work but with engine running, cargo lid down and latched, foot on brake -- no movement for the top or the windows. Top is down and windows are up about 3-4 inches. There is no clicking or other noise and no messages in the DIC.

Any ideas -- fuses, etc? All interventions will be immensely appreciated.

Many thanks in advance, Gib

#3 ·
I did switch the breakers and nothing changed. After I remove them should I wait a while before plugging them into the opposite sides?

Thanks.

#5 ·
Thanks for that. I have been reading those threads and am convinced that that is the issue. The windows came back for a short time today, then quit, then started to work again -- all intermittently. I am going to get a replacement RDM. Thanks, again.

#7 · (Edited)
Many thanks. Will do. Began to get the "Roof Ajar" message and chime every few seconds while driving it Sunday. At a traffic light, I tried the passenger window and it would work intermittently and then it quit. The factory radio started to quit every few seconds and then start back up almost instantaneously. Don't know it the radio situation has any connection with the roof issue.

Gib

#10 ·
I recently removed both breakers to reset the roof control circuitry at the Daytona Rally - I am thinking the breakers were out for 1 minute.

In a related process I removed fuse 27 to reset the ECM.
The first time I tried this for 15 minutes - it did not reset the ECM.
I pulled fuse 27 for 30 minutes and the ECM reset

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.