Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Daily Driver
8,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been a lot of people asking questions about a problem or procedure, and we love to help. However, if you don't put the year of your truck in your profile that shows to the left of every post, we don't even know where to start in many cases. Your location would be a help too, at least the state.

It's so easy even us old farts can do it.
1- When you log on look for "user CP" near the top of the page, and left click it.
2- See "Control Panel" on the left, go down to "Your Profile" and left click "Edit Your Details".
3- You don't have to fill everything in if you don't want, but do fill in "Location", and "My SSR".
4- Don't forget to left click "Save Changes" at the bottom, and you're golden.

Nobody will murder you in the shower, or steal your wheels, from this information. :nono
Help us, help you, please

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
EXACTLY!!!!!!------I know this has been suggested numerous times in the past, but for some reason folks won't do it. Could it be made mandatory for membership?

Nick

·
Daily Driver
8,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The trouble with mandatory is some join while they are still looking, or have multiple years. And even though it increases the chance of a response, at least in a timely manner, some people don't want to reveal their location.
Signed, Dr Richard Kimble. :lol

·
Daily Driver
8,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your publishing/printing background is showing. :lol
I don't know of a way to set up multiples in a neat classy layout. The ones I see separate with a comma, semicolon, or ellipses.
May not be neat, however, for informational purposes it works.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Your publishing/printing background is showing. :lol
I don't know of a way to set up multiples in a neat classy layout. The ones I see separate with a comma, semicolon, or ellipses.
May not be neat, however, for informational purposes it works.
You're right...I always want it to look perfect (before my wife sees it and then wonders why I didn't line the model years properly on the left side)
:wink2:

·
Daily Driver
8,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Figure out how many letters a line will take before it jumps to the next line and fill it out with place markers. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
The trouble with mandatory is some join while they are still looking, or have multiple years. And even though it increases the chance of a response, at least in a timely manner, some people don't want to reveal their location.
Signed, Dr Richard Kimble. :lol
Are you really old enough to remember Dr. Richard Kimble? Also do you remember Merle Haggard singing about The Fugitive? :ssr

·
BlueStreak
26,586 Posts
Figure out how many letters a line will take before it jumps to the next line and fill it out with place markers. ;)
believe it or not I think the type is justified spacing so it gets a bit more complicated.:imsorry:

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks for the info I've updated that now but how do i get a pic of my car on as well please ? not great on a computer to be honest, but thanks to everyone for the great welcome. Now got some pics sorted guess i will learn as i go :)

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
7,702 Posts
thanks for the info I've updated that now but how do i get a pic of my car on as well please ? not great on a computer to be honest, but thanks to everyone for the great welcome
====================
MMikey, could you possibly post the last 8 digits of your VIN. This will help us get the history of your truck, such as the year, etc. :thumbs :confused

============
David

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
7,702 Posts
Hi David 6B122094 any info greatly received cheers
===============
Cheers Mikey!! You have taken ownership of one of the most unique sport trucks.....EVER!!! :thumbs

I do know from your VIN that yours is a 2006 MY, the last year of SSR production. :smile2: This is my year as well. :)

Cash, our resident numbers-cruncher will join in a bit later to tell you more. You might want to give your full VIN for even more info on specific equipment you have.

Welcome to SSR World!! :cheers

==============
David :black:

·
BlueStreak
26,586 Posts
Hi David 6B122094 any info greatly received cheers
I see a :blue: in your Garage. Welcome to The Blues Brothers. We all know we are the Fastest and we have the proof, but none of the others want to accept the facts.:banghead

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Quaint little village. Checked it out on Google street view. You must be the cat's a$$ cruising around town in your new :blur: Welcome to the greatest forum on the interwebby, from deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas!

:yellow:
Willie

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
15 Participants
nj6969
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing