Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way of printing just one, or more, post(s) rather then printing the entire Thread?
:flag

·
Registered
347 Posts
The software provides a way to put the thread in printable format. If you haven't seen it yet, it's in the Thread Tools pulldown menu.

There isn't any way to select an individual post for prinintg that I have figured out yet. You could always do a copy of the text and then paste it into notepad to print.

I'll play around with it and see if I can come up with a better solution.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input Troy, yes the printable version is great BUT I still have to print the entire thread. Perhaps a print screen, like the old "Print Scrn" would work.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
On the orange banner just above each post, on the far right end is a post number. For this post it should be #4. That number is a link that will open a new window with just the one post. You can then print just one post.

That link is also useful for referencing other posts in your messages.

For instance this thread started with this post.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Single post printing

beer100 said:
On the orange banner just above each post, on the far right end is a post number. For this post it should be #4. That number is a link that will open a new window with just the one post. You can then print just one post.

That link is also useful for referencing other posts in your messages.

For instance this thread started with this post.
Beer100 - - Thank you so very much for solving a problem that I have been living with for about two weeks! This site just keeps getting better by the day! :flag

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can live with it.

Troy Roberts said:
Good point. Now if we only had that combined with the printable format it would be perfect!
This is a great solution, I can live with it. :flag

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,197 Posts
I know this is an antique thread, but it would sure be nice to have a print button on each post that would allow one to print a particular post with its attachments. Using the permalink method mentioned above at least gets it down to a single post but you still get all the border when printing. I know I been on some sites that provide a print button that formats just the post with its attachments which works great for printing a technical how-to post. Such a feature would sure be a plus and could be limited to supporting members in order to promote increased membership upgrades. Just a thought.....

·
BlueStreak
26,862 Posts
I know this is an antique thread, but it would sure be nice to have a print button on each post that would allow one to print a particular post with its attachments. Using the permalink method mentioned above at least gets it down to a single post but you still get all the border when printing. I know I been on some sites that provide a print button that formats just the post with its attachments which works great for printing a technical hpw-to post. Such a feature would sure be a plus and could be limited to supporting members in order to promote increased membership upgrades. Just a thought.....
:agree

1 - 9 of 9 Posts