Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good product to keep the black rubber on the running boards looking good . The stuff I have been using looks good for a few days then they look old and dry. Anybody?

Chuck

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,107 Posts
ChuckDuck said:
Anyone know of a good product to keep the black rubber on the running boards looking good . The stuff I have been using looks good for a few days then they look old and dry. Anybody?

Chuck
I used to use a product called "Black Vinyl Top Wax". It looked like a cross between paste car wax and black shoe polish... it worked wonderfully. Long time ago though. I won't insult this forum by suggesting black shoe polish on running board rubber....

Mike

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
There is a product called "back to Black" it works great. It might be a Meguires brand. You can usually find it at the big chain auto stores Pep-Boys, AutoZone etc.

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
Ricochet said:
There is a product called "back to Black" it works great. It might be a Meguires brand. You can usually find it at the big chain auto stores Pep-Boys, AutoZone etc.

I'm pretty sure Back to Black is a Mother's product.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
ssr blur said:
I'm pretty sure Back to Black is a Mother's product.

It is, and it works well, I use it on the cladding of my Avalanche.:thumbs

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
running boards

just had mine replaced under warranty because no matter what i used on them they stayed discolored.newer style (05-06) seems to have a better rubber than the originals on my 04.put some protectant we use at the dealer and so far they still look brand new

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
i've been using meguiar's hot shine tire spray. spray it on a rag and then wipe the board, lasts about 6 weeks..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts