Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
I have an '04.
If all else fails, you might consider a superchips flashpaq.
There's no one around here (Albuquerque, NM) that I trust to tune my truck so I went ahead and bought the superchips. Gotta say, I'm happy with it. Lots of customizable options and a nice boost in performance. Is it the same as a pro custom tune?? No. But it's darn close. If I ever get to a place where a real pro SSR tuner is available, I may bite the bullet and have him do my truck. But in the mean time, the superchip is a boat load of fun.
Oh, and if you haven't done it yet, consider a rear end gear swap to a 4:10 gear. That'll put a little gitty up in your SSR's performance.
With a tune and a gear swap, you'll be a happy camper.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
WIZZR - - Is that the same chip to use in '05 and '06's or is there another performance enhancement to use? LAZY ONE
No such thing as replacing a 'chip' in the SSR, the stock ECM program must be modified/overwritten.

Superchips Flashpaq is a programming device that is used to load new parameters into your ECM to do performance tuning, as well as change parameters to remove rev limits, adjust for different drive tire diameter, etc. See https://superchips.com for more details.

There are also other manufacturers of these reprogramming devices as well.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
lazy one,
As VI Ken said, it's not an actual "chip", it's a programming device. You simply plug it into your OBD port under the dash and select the options you wish to install. Takes all of 5 minutes. And you can go back to stock setting or re-modify your performance tune as often as you wish. If you go to their website you will see available options and yes, they have programs for '05 and '06 models. When you get the programmer, you are instructed to go to their web site and download files to the programmer for your vehicle. Then you go plug the programmer into your truck and upload the files. Easy peasy.
And, yes, there are other vendors that offer similar products.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts