Premium Member
1,282 Posts
I usually scream and cuss a lot :willy:
I went to tirerack.com and got my tire.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Use the kit behind the drivers seat, unless your at home or in front of a tire store. :lol :lol :seeya

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
I thought I would find out the answer to this question last night....a glass bottle was blown into the road and I ran over it crushing it into a million pieces (POP)....but this morning no flat tire.....happy me since I was still 3 hours from home.

·
Registered
166 Posts
drick/flat tire

Get yourself a set of plugs from auto parts store CAMEL tire plugs work the very best...get the kit also reamer,plug tool etc... carry a good pliers small snips to cut plug when your done....and a good small ( plug in the lighter type) air pump Ive got it all plus a racing jack...jack stand flash light ahh common sense will dictate anything else to take on a ROAD TRIP. so U dont have toooo play whats behind the driver seat game... it should take care of 99% of the normal flats and if not cell phone is the next best game and so forth Goodluck

·
Registered
164 Posts
First Pray...

That it is not in the side wall :banghead ... that will tie you up for a few days. :eek Then try the kit behind the drivers seat, and if that doesn't work... call a tow truck. The alternative is to find a spare 19" wheel, mount a new tire on it, and take it with you, along with a jack and lug nut wrench so you can change it if needed, and I think you can then limp to a fix it place if it's on the rear, or you can take off like a scalded ape if it's on the front. :ssr :D

·
180 Posts
Flat Tire Frustration

I have had two flats in the past month! :banghead To put this in perspective, I have had fewer flats (only one that I can recall) in approximately 30 years of driving!

Both were small side wall tears from just nudging the neighbors lava rock headers that lay loosely on the sides of the driveway we share while backing out. Both times I did not notice I had a leak until I returned to a completely flat tire hours later. With the 19" fronts, forget about any help from Sears etc. They simply do not carry that size in their normal stock. Both times I had to pick up about 3 cans of "flat fix" so that I could at least drive home. Thanks goodness for tire rackhttp://www.tirerack.com . They were able to send a front tire and then a rear tire out in 2-3 days. Makes me want to order an extra set to keep on hand!
Needless to say, I have moved all of the lava rocks away from the driveway! Not a bad idea to keep some flat fix on hand even if only for a quick fix to get home!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts