Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does any of you know what to do? I had to roll my ssr back about 4 or 5' to get the trash can out for their run friday.
now the ssr will not start. There is supposed to be some trick to the fix. My key will pull out thou. The battery is charged up. I had to turn the key on to put in nutral to let it roll. This is while the ecm and tcm were at magnuson getting reprogramed.

This must be that bump start thing. Had battery off for over 10 minutes, would not start.

·
OP
8,226 Posts
You're screwed!

No seriously, do a search on it, I remember seeing it but can't find it right now and I gotta run. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Well now every Tom, Dick and Bob knows..... Hope no one outside SSR owners(thieves, chopshops, etc) read this post! :)

:willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
BobA said:
I got the fix. Now will see if it works.

Bob,

What we talked about did not work?? Tell me more.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I also found out through personal experience that if you change out your shifter knob (on an automatic) and it is not properly seated ,that it will not allow the "plunger" part of the shifter to return to the top position. This will also make the key stay in the ignition. :banghead

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Purple Penelope said:
Bob,

What we talked about did not work?? Tell me more.

P/P

Peace :flag
Ed what you told me worked. It was an earler post that was took off, that did not work. It's what Wc66 is refering to.

Thank you Ed P/P

BobA

·
Registered
189 Posts
New Toy?

Bob,

There is only one reason your ecm and tcm would be a magnuson being programmed? So, when will they be returned? Is the SuperCharger already installed? Where did you post the details of your latest investment?

Congratulations,

Rob V. :thumbs

BobA said:
Does any of you know what to do? I had to roll my ssr back about 4 or 5' to get the trash can out for their run friday.
now the ssr will not start. There is supposed to be some trick to the fix. My key will pull out thou. The battery is charged up. I had to turn the key on to put in nutral to let it roll. This is while the ecm and tcm were at magnuson getting reprogramed.

This must be that bump start thing. Had battery off for over 10 minutes, would not start.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
raveschi said:
Bob,

There is only one reason your ecm and tcm would be a magnuson being programmed? So, when will they be returned? Is the SuperCharger already installed? Where did you post the details of your latest investment?

Congratulations,

Rob V. :thumbs
Rob, Its been on since11-1-05 just trying to work the bugs out. Right now waiting to get the tranny upgrade in stalled. Will handle 650hp then with no problems.
THe trannys slipping enough that the torque management is pulling back the letting loose over and over. Makes it feel like it is cutting out or some think. Going to change the plugs also. Now I am courious if the purg selinoid has any thing to do with it. We will hav eit right before long. Mine ran fairly well the 1st 2 weeks. then the cutting out started. 1/4 mi= 13.42, no racing thou. just test and tune. If they are getting 495 out of a stock 05, I would think mine would push over 500 with the headers and hiflo cats 3" exhaust, green filter hi speed fan on at 200, toyo tires for a better grip for sure on the black top. drilled and slotted roters to help slow her down, 4.10 gears to get her going, and the ramair hood,spoiler on back to hold down rear :lol and some thing to help raise the cover. I was pretty impressed with the 369 rwhp with just a fine tune on the ecm and tcm stock with the headers and hiflo cats. This supercharger just addes so much more torque on the low end........Fun, Fun, Fun..........when the tranny get its reenforsed parts in it.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I get this all done, I wonder what a shot of nitrious would do, just a little.......... a little more........more :rolleyes: :lol :lol

Probaly have to do a new rearend and driveshaft. ;) :thumbs

Does it ever stop....................NO.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Dang Boy :)

Bob,

So, let me get this straight, upgraded the engine, oops, supercharged the engine, oops, rebuilt the tranny, oops, now we have to inject the engine with nitrious, oops, new rear end and drive shaft.... :lol :lol :lol Okay, I can hardly wait to see what difference the stiffer transmission makes :thumbs You are a riot and at this point I am just happy to live vicariously through you :cheers

My Best,

Rob

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Bob I would appreciate the "trick" for the bump start also. I work on my truck alot and have occassion to roll it around the garage, but have been afraid to.
Can't wait to hear some track times with th S/C from someone. I'm planning to buy and install the Magnuson on my 05 in the spring. Thanks in advance for the help...............Peter

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
6.0scSSR said:
Bob I would appreciate the "trick" for the bump start also. I work on my truck alot and have occassion to roll it around the garage, but have been afraid to.
Can't wait to hear some track times with th S/C from someone. I'm planning to buy and install the Magnuson on my 05 in the spring. Thanks in advance for the help...............Peter
You are pm'ed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts