Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ouch!

Ouch!!!!
Quote from the article: "whoever owns one of these is compensating for something"
Good thing I drive a car for my own enjoyment, and I've been enjoying every aspect from the first vechicle I've washed myself in years (Zanio process) to the great people associated with this site.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Some people just don't get it!

TerryH said:
Ouch!!!!
Quote from the article: "whoever owns one of these is compensating for something"
I think we should send Hemmings an email to talk to some of us... because the stares aren't the reason we bought this awesome vehicle... or compensating for something :boxing

Ps. Dahhhh... did you notice that they show a photo of an 04 Aux. Gauge Package and not the 05? I guess they did their homework NOT? :lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
Marc NY said:
I think we should send Hemmings an email to talk to some of us... because the stares aren't the reason we bought this awesome vehicle... or compensating for something :boxing

Ps. Dahhhh... did you notice that they show a photo of an 04 Aux. Gauge Package and not the 05? I guess they did their homework NOT? :lol
....They also missed the express down feature that is on BOTH windows....

B

·
0 Posts
It looks like they had an 04 with the drivetrain of the 05. Just looking at the door panels, guagepod etc. like they are doing now putting some 06's out with the 05 SSr. I do not think they went into this liking the SSr in the 1st place. I don't know where they drive but I get more looks from the women than men. At least they are more verbal about the SSr. Their glass was diffinently 1/2 empty. :cuss :nono :yawn :seeya :ssr

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
TerryH said:
Ouch!!!!
When I first saw the SSR I said "This is me!" I wanted one. This was long before I realized the attention it gets.
On the other hand my wife calls it my "Midlife crisis pe**s extention".
Is it working??? She'll never tell. :lol

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
That's a pretty bogus argument coming from a Muscle Magazine - are they suggesting the whole world should be driving a tan Taurus? - isn't a muscle machine with shiny paint, 20" wheels, and a marginally muffled engine also driven by someone needing to compensate for a short appendage? :lol

Where does a Vette or the latest 500K Porsche fit in to their scheme of things.

I didn't get the magazine, didn't read the article, but I think if 200 of us sent them back a reply be email about how much we enjoy the SSR we just might fill their letters column - just need an email address, and a copy of the article.

Ray

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I agree with Flash, Just because we have great taste and love the look, ride and the uniqueness of our SSR we must be compensating for something missing in our lives. WHATEVER,. Could it be we have style and needed this awesome ride to go along with our life.???MMMM??? Maybe.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Compensation

I guess because my wife got tired of me spending countless hours in front of the computer looking for a 69 Camaro that was in the right conditon with the right accessories and the right...

The reason I got mine was...Roadster style, Factory War, A/C, PS,PB,PSeats, Warranty, fun to drive, convertable, Warranty, and the list goes on.

Any of us could have had any number of other vehicles, I know I looked at several before this one.

They are "Way Cool" in my book. I love mine. I have not washed, not to mention waxed a vehicle by hand in years. I've owned mine about 3 weeks now and it has gotten its 5 th bath and 2 coats of wax. (Just ordered the Zaino) If anything its the workout I need and won't make the time for.

I aggonized over the Camaro for months and then my wife talked me into going to the dealer and looking for her mother an SUV. She did not tell me she had this pulled up and waiting on us. No, it's not a 69 Camaro, but a 69 Camaro is not an SSR either.

Well, just thanking my wife outloud in front of a group of people I don't know.

No, no compensation here...Just pure enjoyment.

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
New thread?

Marc NY said:
I just picked up Hemmings June Muscle Machines Magazine and thought you would enjoy seeing an 05 Aqua Blur SSR featured in one of the articles.

What was wrong with the one that I started 10 days ago? Why start a new thread?

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Should have been posted in the first thread...

zainossr said:
What was wrong with the one that I started 10 days ago? Why start a new thread?
Sorry but I thought it was ok to post the full story for all to see or read so that everyone could understand what the article was all about. I had actually forgotten that you had already posted this over 2 weeks ago.

Ps. Here is your post awhile ago that received a reply ... sorry perhaps I should have posted this in your original thread.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
05 Exhaust Tip different?

Did anyone notice the 05 exhaust tip?

I looked closer at one of the photos that was in the Hemming’s magazine article and saw what appears to be a resonator? Having an 04 I would have never really noticed this before.

Do all 05's have this in their exhaust? :confused If so that would certainly account for some of the reduced noise levels that the 03 & 04s are known for.

Attachments

·
Registered
740 Posts
TerryH said:
Ouch!!!!
Good thing I drive a car for my own enjoyment, and I've been enjoying every aspect from the first vechicle I've washed myself in years (Zanio process) to the great people associated with this site.
This coming from a magazine called "Muscle Machines"? :lol

This is what is technically called "Freudian projection". :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Trying to Insite Controversy

I think that the article is just trying to insite controversy. By the responses to this thread the article has caused interest in the article. If a lot of us send letters or emails to the author then he can say "look at all the feedback my article generated". That might help sales because sometimes people like to read articles by people they disagree with. If he had written a glowing article maybe we would not have had such discussion; then again maybe we would have. If you ever watch motorweek have you noticed that they like virtually every car on the show? I remember a time when they would criticize some of them. For me they seemed less objective because I had driven some of the cars and trucks they reviewed and found it odd that they didn't state more about what wasn't so great.

In the end, it doesn't matter what he says. I find that if I really want to know about a car or truck I have to find out for myself. Look at all the members on this site who have various things to say about the SSR. With rare exception, you don't have anyone saying that the vehicle is terrible. People in general love it. If you are happy with the SSR, as I am, then forget about him. It's all about what you think.

Life is too short!

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
Actually, the very last two sentences in the article are spot on:

"Someone Understands. Just not us."
Amen to that, Hemmings!

Blast

1 - 20 of 32 Posts