Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the hood out of Florida, couldn’t find a fender so repaired the one that was on it. Went to Ohio to get yellow bumper, ordered new grill and other new parts. Going to paint hood and fender next week and then start to assemble it all back together.

·
Slingshot Rules!
77,419 Posts

LOOKIN' GREAT, RockyTop . . . almost Good As New.

! :D ! 👍 ! :D ! 👍 ! :D !

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking good, any hidden surprises you hadn't expected?
Yes, parts are hard to find and expensive plus the shipping rates on the oversized parts are almost as much as the parts themselves. It’s a shame so many of the salvage yards are buying the wrecked trucks...I enjoy working on them and would buy more. The wrecked ones are getting too expensive.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,762 Posts
I agree with you 100% I think part of it is the engines or drive trains bring so much because of the aluminum blocks. I have seen a couple asking $6,000 and up for the engines and trans. I tried to buy a couple out of the salvage pools and couldn't get any that I could put back together and still be in budget. I finally found mine at a dealer that was a trade in.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
49,545 Posts
Great progress !!!!!! (y)

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I read my last post...it didn’t sound like what I meant. The fanatics I have dealt with have been great to deal with. The member I got the hood from in Florida was priced fair and he was very good to deal with. And another member in Ohio, who drove a 4 hour ‘round trip, to meet us with the front bumper was priced good and super nice. It’s the parts that we have to buy off eBay or from the salvage yards along with the OEM GM web sites that are expensive and have high shipping costs.
I wish there was a way We could get together and buy the SSR’s before the salvage yards, (like I did the yellow truck). That way we could put more SSR’s back on the road.

·
Premium Member
9,849 Posts
Got the hood out of Florida, couldn’t find a fender so repaired the one that was on it. Went to Ohio to get yellow bumper, ordered new grill and other new parts. Going to paint hood and fender next week and then start to assemble it all back together. View attachment 592679 View attachment 592680 View attachment 592681 View attachment 592682
Passenger side fender I kept from my deer strike is probably repairable.. myself or someone else might need it somewhere down the road

1 - 18 of 18 Posts