Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I picked up my ssr from the shop today for the brake rotors that were cracked. Once again chevrolet took the cheap way out of their problems with quality and ground my rotors down instead of replacing them. The rotors shouldn't have to be ground with that little mileage on the vehicle. It makes me furious that they didn't do the job right. And to add insult to injury, they broke my shifter knob on the transmission and tried to act like they didn't know anything about it. So now I have another part on order and I am going to have to waste another day in the shop while they change what they broke to begin with. I will never buy another chevrolet as long as I live. I will buy from the japenese first.:mad :banghead :smash :cry

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
Well I don't know what other problems you've had with the SSR in the past but this sounds like a "dealer" problem not Chevy or GM. Just my 2 cents

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Why is it Chevy's fault that a human working at a prefession that they are supposed to be trained for f8#@*d up your truck!? Come on calm down!!!!Call chevrolet and let them know !!!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
So sorry you are having so much trouble,:banghead : but it sounds like your dealer service dept. is the problem. Maybe you might consider another dealership for service?:smash :smash :smash

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
If I didn't know you were in Texas, I would swear you were in Frankfort,Ky.Sounds like the dealer here:eek

·
Registered
262 Posts
service woes

comley said:
Well, I picked up my ssr from the shop today for the brake rotors that were cracked. Once again chevrolet took the cheap way out of their problems with quality and ground my rotors down instead of replacing them. The rotors shouldn't have to be ground with that little mileage on the vehicle. It makes me furious that they didn't do the job right. And to add insult to injury, they broke my shifter knob on the transmission and tried to act like they didn't know anything about it. So now I have another part on order and I am going to have to waste another day in the shop while they change what they broke to begin with. I will never buy another chevrolet as long as I live. I will buy from the japenese first.:mad :banghead :smash :cry
poor judgment by your chosen dealership, bad luck, buy another chevrolet, keep america working.....remember, it was the japanese that brought us the pearl harbor nightmare ................

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
I don't know where you're taking your truck, but my current dealer has been great - There are some really good service departments and techs out there

Try another dealer. The one I bought my first SSR from was horrible. After the first service, they never saw my truck again - still can't prove it, but I am positive that they put 300 miles on my truck during the 2 weeks that they had it.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
James lives in Granbury maybe someone on that side of town has another dealer they recomend!!! Nancy and I share Jr. at Van Chev. I-35 south!!!! ":thumbs

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Service

Comley, I boughtr mine at Bruce Lowrie in South Fort Worth, I've only had to have it in their service dept once but that experience was good. If you need any more info sdend me a pm.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Bad Dealer

Don't pick on Chevy or GM call them and report your dealer. Remember we Americans made and tested two A-bomb in Japan and they both worked very well. So don't :banghead :smash American made!!

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
comley said:
Hello fellow SSr Friend:The gallery of opinion is correct,the issue is with the
Dealer!The vehicle you bought is the closest thing to a hand built custom vehicle.
Chevrolet knew they would have issues,but not ones of stupidity and negligence
that unfortunetly exisits in every make and model franchise Dealership today.
Cool your jets and take the advice of your fellow SSR compadres and either find
a chevy Dealer that has a good track record,ask around,or ask the service manager where you had the work done to put his best Tech on the job in the future or they will never see your vehicle again!Service sucks in most service
departments!80%of the techs are average and 10 to 20 percent are top flight!
The same percentages apply in your vocation,so chill and don't buy a damm rice
burner! That's why the big three are hurting! We the american automotive industry with all our genius gave all the necessary technology and knowhow to
the Japenese and they made it better,because the work force that builds the
majority of the products are disciplined in there effort,not like our welfare mentallity that exisits in Detroit!Don't get me wrong,the problem stems deep
and from a basic unit called family,with a Mom and Dad setting the stage for
the future! Sorry, I got on a rampage,but I have spent almost forty years in the
car business and have held positions of General sales manager,finance,usedcars
and the most glorious,sales!This isn't about me,it's about us"the folks who have
particpated in an american retro dream" enjoy it,celebrate it man your part of history just owning this beautiful creation,that's why you bought it! It's one of kind! Long live the SSR's! Hal

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hal Mawrence said:
Hello fellow SSr Friend:The gallery of opinion is correct,the issue is with the
Dealer!The vehicle you bought is the closest thing to a hand built custom vehicle.
Chevrolet knew they would have issues,but not ones of stupidity and negligence
that unfortunetly exisits in every make and model franchise Dealership today.
Cool your jets and take the advice of your fellow SSR compadres and either find
a chevy Dealer that has a good track record,ask around,or ask the service manager where you had the work done to put his best Tech on the job in the future or they will never see your vehicle again!Service sucks in most service
departments!80%of the techs are average and 10 to 20 percent are top flight!
The same percentages apply in your vocation,so chill and don't buy a damm rice
burner! That's why the big three are hurting! We the american automotive industry with all our genius gave all the necessary technology and knowhow to
the Japenese and they made it better,because the work force that builds the
majority of the products are disciplined in there effort,not like our welfare mentallity that exisits in Detroit!Don't get me wrong,the problem stems deep
and from a basic unit called family,with a Mom and Dad setting the stage for
the future! Sorry, I got on a rampage,but I have spent almost forty years in the
car business and have held positions of General sales manager,finance,usedcars
and the most glorious,sales!This isn't about me,it's about us"the folks who have
particpated in an american retro dream" enjoy it,celebrate it man your part of history just owning this beautiful creation,that's why you bought it! It's one of kind! Long live the SSR's! Hal

I would like to say thank you to all of those who have offered helpful advice in response to my venting. I do realize that chevrolet is not directly responsible for my difficulties at my local dealership. However, I also know that chevrolet dealerships are authorized representatives of chevrolet for purposes of disbursement and maintenance of their products. In this particular instance I feel that it does not serve them well as regards their reputation to authorize a dealer to conduct repairs when they are not satisfying the customer. I hope all of you will forgive my short temper. I must in all honesty say that I have a serious case of buyer's remorse right now. I feel that it was a mistake to trade my 2001 ford f150 for this particular ssr. I hope the rest of you have much better luck with yours than I have had with mine.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
granbury?

wildcat66 said:
James lives in Granbury maybe someone on that side of town has another dealer they recomend!!! Nancy and I share Jr. at Van Chev. I-35 south!!!! ":thumbs

actually I live in azle but thank you for your helpful advice. sorry I didn't make it to bob's memorial rally but I had no way to get there as my ssr is my only ride and it was down with one slow leaking tire on the front with steel belt hanging out of the tread on the inside treadwall. if I had a spare I might have been willing to chance it. tires for this thing are hard to come by in my neck of the woods.:eek

·
Registered
70 Posts
comley said:
I would like to say thank you to all of those who have offered helpful advice in response to my venting. I do realize that chevrolet is not directly responsible for my difficulties at my local dealership. However, I also know that chevrolet dealerships are authorized representatives of chevrolet for purposes of disbursement and maintenance of their products. In this particular instance I feel that it does not serve them well as regards their reputation to authorize a dealer to conduct repairs when they are not satisfying the customer. I hope all of you will forgive my short temper. I must in all honesty say that I have a serious case of buyer's remorse right now. I feel that it was a mistake to trade my 2001 ford f150 for this particular ssr. I hope the rest of you have much better luck with yours than I have had with mine.
I feel for you.... I traded my 2004 F-150 Supercrew for my SSR and I have had the exact opposite reaction. This is the first modern (computerized) bowtie I have owned (I previously restored a '66 Chevy pickup & a '59 Chevy pickup) and I do not regret the trade for a minute.... Sometimes you get a bad vechile (reason of the lemon law) or like others have said, it is the dealership....

Bear with me as I compare the hospital business to the auto business.... As a hospital senior executive, I cannot always control the actions of everyone in the hospital....Chevy is in the same boat. I cannot and Chevy cannot, fix a situation until someone tells us about the situation. Hospitals and car dealships make their living on providing a product or a service and if the management is truly tuned into customer service, then they will be thrilled that you took the time to tell them about your problems. That gives them the opportunity to address the problem and to hopefully keep it from occurring again....

You have a right to be steamed....I know I would. Now make good use of it and make a difference for all of the other SSR (and Chevy) owners that use that dealership.... I bet the owners of the dealership would want to know your problems, if not, listen to some of the other advice given here....call GM....

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
James, sorry about the town, I knew the general area where you lived. Also how many miles do you have on your SSR? I am wondering if it is low enough to have the tires replaced or at least compensated for the repair you had to make!!!! Sounds like it might be a defective tire if belt is showing/hanging out!

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Hey James,

Believe me, we're in your corner on this one. We just want to make sure that the right people are notified.

Call Chevy, let them know your ridiculous situation and then (please) let us know what they say or do.

It's too cool of a ride to have a few people at a single dealership to mess us your view of it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am not bashing anything but I would like to relate an experience. I bought a new(at the time 2001) Toyota tacoma 4-dr prerunner when I found out the ssr was delayed back then. After 20K miles I had a terrible braking pulsating problem with the truck. Took it to dealership and they told me the front rotors were warped. Their recommended fix was to resurface them under warranty. Did that and guess what? 20K miles later problem returns. This time it is out of warranty and rotors need replacing. I raised heck about why I should not have to pay to replace them when it should have been done under warranty to begin with. After a big to-do with Toyota they agreed to pay for parts if I paid the labor-over 200 bucks! I told them to forget it and bought aftermarket cross-drilled rotors and new pads from an ebay source and installed myself. It had factory recalls also. I traded it in on the SSR with 75k on it. I have been primarily a GM of some type owner for a long time and the Tacoma was my first ever Toyota. In my experience it was not a SUPREME to all others vehicle. Nor was the dealership that serviced it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts