Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was meeting a friend of mine to help him do a little construction/destruction at his new house. I arrived first, so when I shut the SSR off, the radio kept playing (like it's supposed to) and I sat there and waited. After 10 minutes, the radio turned off (like it's supposed to), so I turned the key to on and then off to recycle it so I could listen another 10 minutes. He finally showed up!

So far, so good......

HOWEVER, when I started Miss Daisy to leave, the clock was at 12:00!!!! (It was really 5:00!) Did the 10 minute shutoff actually kill the clock memory too?
 

·
Original SSR Centerfold
Joined
·
3,146 Posts
Buffy said:
I was meeting a friend of mine to help him do a little construction/destruction at his new house. I arrived first, so when I shut the SSR off, the radio kept playing (like it's supposed to) and I sat there and waited. After 10 minutes, the radio turned off (like it's supposed to), so I turned the key to on and then off to recycle it so I could listen another 10 minutes. He finally showed up!

So far, so good......

HOWEVER, when I started Miss Daisy to leave, the clock was at 12:00!!!! (It was really 5:00!) Did the 10 minute shutoff actually kill the clock memory too?


When you were doing the demo on the house did you cut off power at any time?
The lack of electric current causes clocks to blink 12:00. Disruption of the magnetic fields from the house current might have caused it.
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dingbat said:
When you were doing the demo on the house did you cut off power at any time?
The lack of electric current causes clocks to blink 12:00. Disruption of the magnetic fields from the house current might have caused it.
Hey Mike! Are you saying a "Disruption of the magnetic fields from the house current" will make my SSR clock radio change? :confused

I'll have what he's having please! :lol
 

·
Original SSR Centerfold
Joined
·
3,146 Posts
Buffy said:
Hey Mike! Are you saying a "Disruption of the magnetic fields from the house current" will make my SSR clock radio change? :confused

I'll have what he's having please! :lol
and I have a bridge and some swamp land to sell too :lol
 

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
Joined
·
10,060 Posts
Strange Happenings

John,

I think you must have been playing Chevrolet SSR music (ZZ Top) in a Ford picup truck music (Garth Brooks) dominated neighborhood and disrupted the time warp continuum. This, coupled with the magnetic impulse interference generated by the demolition work you did, could possibly have generated a hyper-elastic EMI pulse that zapped your radio memory.
:bs :bs :bs
Did you notice the radio station had changed also?????

Mikey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,175 Posts
Next time use a Ground Strap....

Buffy said:
Hey Mike! Are you saying a "Disruption of the magnetic fields from the house current" will make my SSR clock radio change? :confused

I'll have what he's having please! :lol
Ditto :cheers

RickSSR :cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
Buffy said:
I was meeting a friend of mine to help him do a little construction/destruction at his new house. I arrived first, so when I shut the SSR off, the radio kept playing (like it's supposed to) and I sat there and waited. After 10 minutes, the radio turned off (like it's supposed to), so I turned the key to on and then off to recycle it so I could listen another 10 minutes. He finally showed up!

So far, so good......

HOWEVER, when I started Miss Daisy to leave, the clock was at 12:00!!!! (It was really 5:00!) Did the 10 minute shutoff actually kill the clock memory too?

Buffy,

I will try that and see if it happens to me. It sounds strange that the clock would reset.


:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr
 

·
I DO WINDOWS
Joined
·
8,825 Posts
...

4 hours ago sitting in the parking lot waiting for Mrs Rebel to come back from eye exam, I did the same thing at least 6 times. No time change here. In fact I while waiting did a manual time change for daylight saving time. I did start the roadster once. :thumbs
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
REBEL said:
4 hours ago sitting in the parking lot waiting for Mrs Rebel to come back from eye exam, I did the same thing at least 6 times. No time change here. In fact I while waiting did a manual time change for daylight saving time. I did start the roadster once. :thumbs
Thanks, my Canadian friend. I will try it again tomorrow and see if it "fails" the same way...........

Film at 11:00...............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
Aliens?

I think the aliens did it in an extraterrestrial visit, if you would have had the top down you would have seen them vanish in their saucer. I hear bright yellow attracts them.:ssr
:leaving :jester
 

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
Joined
·
10,060 Posts
Point well taken on the aliens....... :eek I think I read in Cosmo that they are attracted to yellow..... :willy:

UUUUUUHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh.......... :glol :glol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
And the Aliens are known to be "Power Robbers" :rolleyes:
 

·
Boop Op A Doop
Joined
·
30,422 Posts
Up In Smoke

I'm getting a vision of the Up in Smoke movie with Cheech and Chong! :lol :lol
Aliens, attracted to yellow..... vanish in their saucer. WOW what were we all smokin. :cool Can I get some :confused
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Clock reset

S'funny that but it probably means your battery is on the way out!!

My 2003 was fine - started no problems and drives like she should. Then one day I turned her on, started the motor and the clock reset to 12:00

Couldnt figure out why.

OK for a while then did it again - only when I left her for a couple of days in betwen charges.

Looks like the starting effort on the battery just drops sufficient power to out the clock as it cranks.

Now 2 years is short time for a battery but nonetheless I changed battery and now all is well (apart from I cant get side teminal batteries in UK)

Seems you may have the same problems? using radio etc whilst engine not charging battery for a while just takes enough shine off the battery to do the same..

Ciao
 

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
Joined
·
10,060 Posts
Buffy -

Our English colleague has a good point. You may have a battery cell going south on you. The clock memory in the radio may be ultra-sensitive to voltage drops. It's worth looking into.

Mike
 

·
Original SSR Centerfold
Joined
·
3,146 Posts
Mike in AZ said:
Buffy -

Our English colleague has a good point. You may have a battery cell going south on you. The clock memory in the radio may be ultra-sensitive to voltage drops. It's worth looking into.

Mike

:agree

now that actually makes sense. :thumbs
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
English Gent said:
S'funny that but it probably means your battery is on the way out!!

My 2003 was fine - started no problems and drives like she should. Then one day I turned her on, started the motor and the clock reset to 12:00

Couldnt figure out why.

OK for a while then did it again - only when I left her for a couple of days in betwen charges.

Looks like the starting effort on the battery just drops sufficient power to out the clock as it cranks.

Now 2 years is short time for a battery but nonetheless I changed battery and now all is well (apart from I cant get side teminal batteries in UK)

Seems you may have the same problems? using radio etc whilst engine not charging battery for a while just takes enough shine off the battery to do the same..

Ciao
EnglishGent,

Now that DOES make sense! If I can find it, I'll try to do a load test on it.........

Thanks for your prompt reply and becoming my newest SSR friend.
(Dingbat need not apply!) :glol
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top