Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,451 Posts

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The concept production intent vehicle was built, Does anyone have knowledge of the companies involved? If anyone is interested, I will try to get some of the information!
Doug

I believe one fo those companies went out of business in the last 2 years due to the economic climate! Auburn Engineering played a large part in the Fascia development!
Defintely interested Doug! Any help/information you can provide on this would be great. :thumbs

As I understand it, GM Design Center's prototype shop built the show (concept) truck -- this info. comes from the Witzenberg book. The "Production Intent" truck (below) was built by ASC, with oversight from the team of ~10 GM employees assigned to oversee overall design and engineering of SSR. Knowing which suppliers worked with ASC/GM along the way would be great detail to document.

·
Premium Member
9,451 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Hello Flassh,
Here is some information on my 2006 SSR:
VIN: 1GCES14H96B123699 Model: CS15703-2006 CHEVROLET SSR

Build Date: 03/02/2006

SMOKIN' ASPHALT/RICOCHET SILVER
V8 6L Auto

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Speaking of Pace Truck section, Cash, do you intend to add one to the Heritage Center in the future?
WOW, you "doug" this thread out of the archives :nep:

On another note, it would be our pleasure to be in NY in July :frozen:

·
M
1,089 Posts
This is amazing ! Great job on the history of the SSR.

Is the information from Meg in Carolina's thread "For the Newbies ..SSR Trivia ",Marc NY 's thread "LLC & Ssr Fun Facts", and other trivia going to be included in the Heritage Forum?

A trivia thread could be fun. A chance for many SSR fanatics to go back through their own old threads (less work reformatting old threads and the information has already been collected) and contribute to the Heritage Center Forum . Who knows, maybe an SSR fanatics trivia game can be created after the trivia is collected .

Jennie

·
Super Moderator
14,098 Posts
Speaking of Pace Truck section, Cash, do you intend to add one to the Heritage Center in the future?
Doug & I spoke of this directly.
I would love to do a section on the Pace Trucks, and although I know quite a lot about them, I do not have enough information to do a proper historical tribute.
Eventually I would like to make a submission.
A long talk with Jay (Paceguy) would help. :)

This is amazing ! Great job on the history of the SSR.

Is the information from Meg in Carolina's thread "For the Newbies ..SSR Trivia ",Marc NY 's thread "LLC & Ssr Fun Facts", and other trivia going to be included in the Heritage Forum?

A trivia thread could be fun. A chance for many SSR fanatics to go back through their own old threads (less work reformatting old threads and the information has already been collected) and contribute to the Heritage Center Forum . Who knows, maybe an SSR fanatics trivia game can be created after the trivia is collected .

Jennie
Thank you, but I say that very loosely, because at the end of the day Jay did the grunt work.
Jay (Paceguy), Ray (Flassh), Debbie (HotRodGirl) & I had many hours of discussion about what we wanted the Heritage Center to comprise of.
When it came down to it, Jay did all the work with the submission of information and what a great job he did! :yesnod

As Jay stepped away from the SSR Forum I was asked to oversee the Heritage Center - be the "Curator". :)
No, a trivia thread was not in our original proforma.
I'm not sure The Library is the proper place either, but that is not my call.
I can make it a "sticky" thread though, and you could start a SSR Trivia Game thread if you wish, in the general forum though.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
August 2000 Flashback

:surprise: I'm going through old email on my computer and cleaning things up and I came across a folder where I stored al my exchanges on the SSR dating back to August of 2000. Items include the first announcement it would be built to my exchanges with the owner of the Chevy Dealership where I placed my order. Some of this might be good to keep in the archives. Who should I contact to share the information that I have?

Bob

·
Super Moderator
14,098 Posts
:surprise: I'm going through old email on my computer and cleaning things up and I came across a folder where I stored al my exchanges on the SSR dating back to August of 2000. Items include the first announcement it would be built to my exchanges with the owner of the Chevy Dealership where I placed my order. Some of this might be good to keep in the archives. Who should I contact to share the information that I have?

Bob
Bob, I look after The Heritage Center
I can PM you my email address - might be best

Dale

21 - 33 of 33 Posts