Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since Keith posted this Heritage photo/drawing with an SSR, HHR and Suburban I have been dying to replicate it. Since my '52 Advance Design arrived last week, I finally got the three amigos together over the weekend.

I agree with Boosted's review from yesterday about the HHR. We have had ours for about 3 weeks now. Really great to run errands and pick up things from Home Depot. Peppy acceleration and easy on the gas! The fold down seats, including the fold forward front seat even allows you to carry objects up to 8 feet like kayaks and surf boards (Hear that Cruzned?) while still having enough room for a passenger or two. For the price of about 16K MSRP for the base model, it is hard to beat!

The most suprising thing about the HHR?--they are a lot smaller than they look in photos by themselves! Notice how much smaller this one is next to the SSR and 3100 series pickup.

Still, highly recommended. Would make a great platform to customize as has been posted previously. :thumbs

Attachments

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Too Cool

WOW! what a GREAT shot. Love that 3100. :flag :flag :flag

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,428 Posts
O.K. Kevin - I am now officially jealous! :)

Blast

·
Premium Member
17,316 Posts
Kev, its good to know you have all those cars available, so when I come to visit I will have wheels. Just keep them all gassed up for me. :thumbs

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Kevin: You got me salivating bro! Which Island are you on? The wife and I want to go to the south shore next summer for a little R & R. I just gotta get me a Hrrrrrrrrrrr....as Andy described it on the Jay Leno show. Perfect for da Lab and the boards and such. Would love to have a session in the water with you at Ala Moana.

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Answers and Mahalo!

mikem-2005 said:
My compliments on the lovely trio. How does the 3100 drive????

Regards,

Mike
Mahalo to everyone for your kind comments--Blast, Wildcat, HRG, Houtex, Buffalo, and Marc. Finally have time to answer questions.

Mike,
Driving the 3100 make you feel you are in a time warp. Engine (Stovebolt 6) actually runs really smooth. It's the suspension and steering that really feel dated. Planning on ordering a Fatman tubular frame with independent suspension and dropping in a 350 small block from Jegs. Still torn on keeping it near original in appearance vs Street rodded. :reddevil One thing for sure, it will definitely be yellow! ;)

cruzned said:
Kevin: You got me salivating bro! Which Island are you on? The wife and I want to go to the south shore next summer for a little R & R. I just gotta get me a Hrrrrrrrrrrr....as Andy described it on the Jay Leno show. Perfect for da Lab and the boards and such. Would love to have a session in the water with you at Ala Moana.
Hey Cruzned,
We are on O'ahu and definitely look us up if you come next summer. :cool The south shore was pretty lame this summer but we did have a good 10' swell a few weeks ago that I managed to miss completely! We mainly hang out at Diamond Head and I tend to windsurf more since I can pull of a lot more airials and jumps.
We love to have visitors. I wonder who will be the first Fanatic we run into out here?...........

Focks said:
Kev, its good to know you have all those cars available, so when I come to visit I will have wheels. Just keep them all gassed up for me.
Yes, they are always gassed up and ready to go although the 3100 will probably soon be disassembled . To all Fanatics that visit the islands: Please look us up!!
We look pretty isolated on Beer100's pinmap compared to the rest of Fanaticland!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Will do Kevin! I loved surfing at Tennis Courts the last time I was there. It has been a very long time. I stayed at Makaha the last time I was there and caught some very good waves but some serious local vibes for sure! south shore is much nicer. We hope to see you next summer in July!

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think so

Fishslayr1 said:
Hey Kevin,

Would the HHR make a good delivery verhicle? I own a restaurant and we do a lot of catering around town. My big van is killing me in gas.
Hey Fishslayr!

Not knowing the size of your food orders for your catering makes this an educated guess, but I believe the HHR would make a good delivery vehicle.

There is 63.1 cubic feet of cargo space.
With all of the passenger seats folded forward, there is 8 feet of flat cargo on the right and about 5-6 feet on the left.

The height of these folded platforms would make it a breeze to unload food trays. The back platform actually can be placed higher for a picnic table type surface (designed for tailgating, etc.), so it would be possible to also place additional items underneath this. The door access is exceptional with 3 passenger doors (including the front) and a "touch pad" rear cargo door. Here are the other vital stats:

The rear seats have a 60/40-split, which fold to form a continuous flat load surface in conjunction with the folded front passenger seat. The 60-percent folding side was thoughtfully positioned on the passenger side, enabling wider objects to be positioned diagonally and carried more securely in the vehicle.
The cargo area in the rear also is thoughtfully designed:

It provides a continuous flat load floor when the rear seats are folded down.
The primary load floor can become a shelf when raised and mounted approximately 1 foot higher – the shelf can be mounted level or at a 45-degree angle to provide quick access to the cargo beneath it when the liftgate is opened.
A 5-inch-deep recessed bin below the load floor can conceal 2.8 cubic feet (79.6 L); the spare tire is located beneath the bin.
Two storage bins (0.5 cubic foot / 12.9 L total) are found forward of the load floor, nestled behind the rear seat, and plastic bag holders are conveniently located under the cargo shelf.
It comes with a carpeted cargo mat.
The rear liftgate is activated via touchpad, for ease of opening.

Also have attached some photos from Boosted's thread and HHR website. Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
Kevin: We come to Kauai and the Big Island at least 4 times a year as we have time shares in both places. However, it has been years and years since we have been to Oahu. We are going to Kona during Thanksgiving week and Kauai between Christmas and New Years. Should we decide to come to Oahu, where would you recommend staying. I think the last time we were there we stayed at the Hilton. Is that still a good place? When is a good time to come meet you? I am coming with my wife and six year old grandson.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.