Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know ECurtis is going to say it is just my imagination again :boxing but I spied my first HHR on the road this morning when leaving for work. It was amethyst metallic (for you color challenged - that means PURPLE. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
My local dealer has a loaded out one in red metallic. I test drove it and liked it. My sons (35 and 31) also liked it. Looked like fun. Prettier than a PT Cruiser.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zainossr said:
My local dealer has a loaded out one in red metallic. I test drove it and liked it. My sons (35 and 31) also liked it. Looked like fun. Prettier than a PT Cruiser.
Test drove one too and like it...haven't been able to convince hubby that we need yet another purple car in the driveway. :agree looks waaaaaaaaaaaay nicer than the PT.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i rarely EVER see another SSR around but I have spied no less than 3 HHRs over the past 2 weeks...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Seen a silver one down here..Pretty cool but i wish they would have made it out of the SSR instead of a little car...

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,060 Posts
I traveled to Newark last week and had the opportunity to rent an HHR.... I got up close and personal for a minute with it and decided not. My Tahoe and SSR have me too spoiled. It seemed a little too spartan on the interior.

You can rent one from National if you are interested......

Mike

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mikem-2005 said:
I traveled to Newark last week and had the opportunity to rent an HHR.... I got up close and personal for a minute with it and decided not. My Tahoe and SSR have me too spoiled. It seemed a little too spartan on the interior.

You can rent one from National if you are interested......

Mike
Think rentals don't have all the bells and whistles on them. I agree with the toughts on the :ssr but I do dream of a gasoline charge of about $20 instead of the $60+ I could spend on something else...$5 espressos! :thumbs

·
Registered
416 Posts
I saw an HHR parked in front of a restaurant a couple of weeks ago, in silver. It probably won't win my any points here, but I'm partial to the PT Cruiser, especially the convertible. Rented one for a long weekend in San Diego in April ... what a fun ride!

·
Registered
601 Posts
To everyone who has looked at the HHR. Are the dealers in your area marking up the price? I went to Koons Chevy in Tyson's Corner, VA. They have four HHR's there on there lot. Me and my better half loved the SUV. But he what we didn't love is the fact that they had a 2,000 dollar mark up. We looked at each other and said here we go again. Chevy is allowing dealers to kill the seels of great vehicles. We called the dearler that we bought the SSR from and they said that they are not doing the mark up becuase people are willing to pay the sticker price. He told me that some dearlers are doing the mark up game. We might get one but I am going to wait tell the beginning of the year. By then my car will be mostley paid off and we can buy the HHR out right.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Yes - the HHR is rather NICE!

I've had my HHR for three weeks - have been really enjoying the car. The remote start option has been my favorite :cool - it's been so hot out here in California that having the interior cooled off in advance is a BIG plus!

I've only seen a couple here in California - GM is rolling these out in a "unconventional" manner - with the big kickoff on Sept 5th. (Rides on the Discovery channel will show a STS turbo install on Sept 20th) Sounds like GM looked at PT - Element - xB sales and pushed HHR's to where those were selling well...

It seemed a little too spartan on the interior.
It's actually quite nice - some cool interior lighting effects and the dash has a kinda 3-d look to it. Some nifty storage areas too. Seating is VERY comfortable...
The radio has a front input jack to connect MP3 players or other audio devices. I miss the HomeLink the SSR has - so I keep reaching up to use it and almost dial up the OnStar operator. :glol

My first experience w/ XM - and I guess I'm hooked. (Not hooked enough to install in the SSR though!) The 275 watt (w/ sub woofer) system works for me!

It probably won't win my any points here, but I'm partial to the PT Cruiser, especially the convertible.
You are correct - several demerits for YOU! :D
I really tried to like the PT - even rented one, but it never did sink in. Now, on the other hand - like the SSR, the first time I saw a HHR, I thought that it was way too cool - you know that heritage look thing!

My daughter calls PT's - PT Losers - she even created a special wave to them... :jester (No No - not what you think, she's civil about it!)

Attachments

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Brownhornet said:
To everyone who has looked at the HHR. Are the dealers in your area marking up the price? I went to Koons Chevy in Tyson's Corner, VA. They have four HHR's there on there lot. Me and my better half loved the SUV. But he what we didn't love is the fact that they had a 2,000 dollar mark up. We looked at each other and said here we go again.
NO - NO - NO - DO NOT pay over MSRP - there are too many HHR's being cranked out of the plant - by now probably close to 25,000 HHR's... Even with the 'value pricing' there is some room to haggle...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Price?

I was at Lindsay Chevrolet in Woodbridge, VA having the SES light checked out yet again on the SSR (it's a long story for another time). They have a sleek, black HHR out front. It has 17" chrome wheels, rear bumper cover, a tasteful rear spoiler, molded running boards and a few other neat noeys. I asked the sales dude if he would snag the keys so I could check it out for my son. It's a little cramped for me but I think my kid will enjoy it. I also asked about pricing. They are doing regular pricing with no ADM. When I mentioned that I am eligible for employee pricing without the GM promotion going on, he said no problem.

Diggs

·
Registered
601 Posts
Diggs said:
I was at Lindsay Chevrolet in Woodbridge, VA having the SES light checked out yet again on the SSR (it's a long story for another time). They have a sleek, black HHR out front. It has 17" chrome wheels, rear bumper cover, a tasteful rear spoiler, molded running boards and a few other neat noeys. I asked the sales dude if he would snag the keys so I could check it out for my son. It's a little cramped for me but I think my kid will enjoy it. I also asked about pricing. They are doing regular pricing with no ADM. When I mentioned that I am eligible for employee pricing without the GM promotion going on, he said no problem.

Diggs

Thanks diggs, I am going to check them out. We might have to get it after we move in our new house if the price is right.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Oh - and when I took delivery - NO cash incentives, but GMAC was offering 3.9% for 49 - 60 month term. Lower rates for shorter terms...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Les: I would wait for the ones that have the upgraded engine, I believe it is 172HP. That is not much but better than the little pinger that comes with the base pkg. It is a cute car. I have thought about getting one to haul our chocolate lab Bosque in.

·
Registered
601 Posts
cruzned said:
Les: I would wait for the ones that have the upgraded engine, I believe it is 172HP. That is not much but better than the little pinger that comes with the base pkg. It is a cute car. I have thought about getting one to haul our chocolate lab Bosque in.
Hey Ed,

We are going to need something. The jeep is not baby friendly and with us moving farther away from here job. The price of Gas will put us in the poor house. So we need something Cute and great on gas. It is bad enough that since Tyler was born I have not been able to drive my car that much. She has me driving the Jeep to work. At least it it only a few miles right know. :)

Tell Kris we said hello. Hope to make it down there soon. :) My aunts wants to see Tyler.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
kwhopper89 said:
Oh - and when I took delivery - NO cash incentives, but GMAC was offering 3.9% for 49 - 60 month term. Lower rates for shorter terms...

This just might be the incentive for my husband to "permit" me to get one of these too! I like this car...no PT for me...was disappointed in them when they came out and mark-up was ridiculous :eek

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,594 Posts
Great looks and bigger than a PT

cruzned said:
Les: I would wait for the ones that have the upgraded engine, I believe it is 172HP. That is not much but better than the little pinger that comes with the base pkg.
Hey Ed,

I think that the base engine is quite peppy ... of course if I had a choice I might opt for the 2.4 L engine.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Les: You should go for it when you can. The HHR is high quality and at 30mpg, it is a done deal. Heck, I only got 21mpg on my PT when I had it. The HHR is a tiny bit bigger, baby friendly, and even the base pkg. should fit your needs. Now, what color are you going to get? Hope to see ya'll soon! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts