Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
How is it that GM told them in this artile that 5442 SSR's have been sold. When there are folks on this site that 7000 number. I know they are not seeling like they expect. But if dealers come off there mark up then they could sell more.

This is a nice peice of information. But when it comes out I will get one just to have two good retro vehilces in the garage.

How do you others feel about this article? :rant

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Production numbers

Machell,

According my sourse at the SSR Plant, the total number of 04's produced will be 10,676 by August 20th. It has been said that approx 3,500 SSRs were built in 03 but actually only 3,146 were serial numbered for sale. The rest were validation builds/protypes. (I have the exact numbers written down at work if I need to correct I will). Also a friend of mine has an early 04 and his serial number is in the low 3,300s so if you add 10,676 to 3,146 you get a final vin number around 13,800 ish

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Numbers

(sorry for the confusion in my earlier reply. To answer cwmorgan's comment, I should have said that only 3,164 were released for sale not serial numbered for sale.)

It is my understanding when I was told that only 3,164 were produced for sale that the others "validation units/pilots" also receive vin numbers through out the build process but were not released for sale. *Thus the difference of actual 03s built vs. 03s released for sale.

Again I will check my notes at work when I get back.

Continued:

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine that said he got his 04 late last year and his vin is #3382. (as for now I don't know the first 04 vin #) Again, his early 04 SSR supports the fact that there is a definite difference between the total number of 03s built vs. the actual 03s RELEASED FOR SALE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts