Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just bought a new (never titled) '03 red one. Bought it at wholesale as they were backed up on 04 and 05's like a lot of dealers.

I own a truck/suv aftermarket accessory store in the Kansas City area. I'll be lettering the SSR up with our logo, etc. We specialize in custom creations, lifts, lowering, performance, etc., but never had anything quite as eye catching as the SSR (although I did build a kick a$$ red lowered Silverado for myself last year) :) This thing will probably be the best advertising dollars I ever spent as far as building brand awareness - as you all probably know, it gets stares wherever you go.

Bad part is, not a lot of accessories out for it. Probably have to just do some wheels and I understand there are some intake and throttle body improvements out.

Why these things aren't flying out of showrooms is beyond me, but I'm kinda glad. I never see one on the road in the Kansas City area, which is cool with me.

Anyone in the KC area wanting to hook up, let me know...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi Psycho,
I'm just down I35 from ya in Emporia, I would agree you don't see alot of them on the roads, and we need more accessories for them. Here in Emporia, as small a town as it is, there are 4 SSRs, two Red, one Yellow and my Black, there is also another Red one down south. GM musta got a deal on that Red, and sent them to Kansas!!! :lol
Anyway welcome to the forum. Mike

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Vin

Psychoslaphead - what's your VIN # - might want to chase down the threads for problems id'd on the early numbers. Roof alignment, overheating, etc.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
houtex - my last last six are 100637. I assume I've found a very early car. Thanks for the heads up. This one will be a daily driver, so far so good.

·
Registered
168 Posts
In KC Next Fall

psycho,

We saw your fine city a few times this last year, but we live three hours away (Chiefs season ticket holders). I have only seen one other SSR on the road in KC and it, too, was lettered with promotions for a local business. I think SSRs have been successfully used in this way by several companies. We saw one in Boston that was decorated to show off a line of furniture.

Mine had lettering, too. "Go Chiefs Beat The Raiders" or whomever the opponent was that week. We had fun covering our SSR with arrowheads and flags showing our team affiliation all season. For the Monday Night game, one of the local dealers had parked a red SSR in the parking lot near Gate 4 (wonder if it was the one you bought).

Have fun with your new ride and welcome to the club!

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
psychoslaphead said:
houtex - my last last six are 100637. I assume I've found a very early car. Thanks for the heads up. This one will be a daily driver, so far so good.
Hopefully, you've got a dealer that understands the vehicle. If not - there's plenty of resources on this website. Welcome aboard!! :thumbs

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
nostoc said:
psycho,

We saw your fine city a few times this last year, but we live three hours away (Chiefs season ticket holders). I have only seen one other SSR on the road in KC and it, too, was lettered with promotions for a local business. I think SSRs have been successfully used in this way by several companies. We saw one in Boston that was decorated to show off a line of furniture.

Mine had lettering, too. "Go Chiefs Beat The Raiders" or whomever the opponent was that week. We had fun covering our SSR with arrowheads and flags showing our team affiliation all season. For the Monday Night game, one of the local dealers had parked a red SSR in the parking lot near Gate 4 (wonder if it was the one you bought).

Have fun with your new ride and welcome to the club!
nostoc,
are you the one around grand lake, Disney-Langley area i have seen this last spring and summer. most the time i am up there got my truck and boat. I have pulled it there with the SSR 2 or 3 times. see you around.
BobA

I have seen Morgan in south tulsa the two tone paint job looks even better in person. It is really an eye catcher!!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well guys, I may have to change the daily driver thing. My wife has fallen in love with the SSR and now considers it to be "her weekend ride". I can't say I blame her - it IS a special vehicle in my mind...guess I better clear out the third garage space.

Even though this is an early car, I also seem to have either gotten lucky regarding the many issues people seem to be having, or the dealer corrected them before I took delivery. No driveline noises, rattles, squeaks, overheating, etc so far at 1,200 miles. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi psycho, I have a yellow '04 at Osage Beach...Not many down here at the lake either...Name of your company Blackjack by any chance? Used to do business with them when in the automobile business in Butler, mo.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, great place to own one. Some awesome driving down there. No, Blackjack is a competitor down the highway from me. This is my (desperately needing to be updated) website:

www.truckmasters.net

1 - 13 of 13 Posts