Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow SSR
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2004 Slingshot Yellow SSR a couple of weeks ago after looking for a while to find one in great shape with lower mileage. This forum has already come in handy as I have ordered some accessories from Simple Engineering as well as finding information on a few questions.

I do have a few other questions, but want to search to see if I can find answers before asking a questions that has already been addressed (possibly more than once:) as well as taking some pictures so it might be easier to answer.

Looking forward to being a part of this great community!!!

Randy

·
Slingshot Rules!
78,906 Posts
WELCOME, Randy . . . from Southern Arizona.

Also, CONGRATS on your SSR color choice . . . the Fastest and Sexiest.

! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: !

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
5,129 Posts
Randy, Welcome from Forney Texas. Enjoy your ride !!!

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,357 Posts
A huge welcome from the Buckeye State! Enjoy that new found PermaGrin!

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
Premium Member 2004 Smokin' Asphalt
50,412 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,471 Posts
Another welcome from the buckeye state of Ohio.
This one from Central Ohio. Home of THE Ohio State Buckeyes.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
3,150 Posts
Hellooooo from Cincinnati! Man those other Ohio guys are quick! Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
2006 Aqua Blur, auto
118 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma! The search bar will be your friend in finding those answers, but watch the dates on the posts. I suppose the sort is by relevance, and it will pull some really old posts.

Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased my 2004 Slingshot Yellow SSR a couple of weeks ago after looking for a while to find one in great shape with lower mileage. This forum has already come in handy as I have ordered some accessories from Simple Engineering as well as finding information on a few questions.

I do have a few other questions, but want to search to see if I can find answers before asking a questions that has already been addressed (possibly more than once:) as well as taking some pictures so it might be easier to answer.

Randy
Thank

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome as an SSR proud owner. I to have a Slingshot Yellow 04, had it for a number of years now, second owner. Some advice that will help you out. As you’ve discovered, Simple Engineering is a great resource!!!

1. The Chevrolet hood emblem is very problematic, simply cannot be used to open and close the hood… it’s prone too breaking the attachments 😖 Very poor design by Chevy. Simple Engineering sells an emblem support which gives much needed strength to the existing emblem and I highly recommend installing one ASAP 👍

2. The 04 does not come with pneumatic hood supports, just a prop bar. The hood is probably one of the heaviest I’ve ever seen on any vehicle 😳 Again, Simple Engineering sells a kit which allows you to replace the prop bar with two pneumatic supports with everything you’ll need to install (including very good detailed instructions for a no hassle installation).

I highly advise purchasing these two products 👍

Good luck… and ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts

Randy
I enjoy the questions, great way to learn about the ssr.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow SSR
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow, there seems to be a lot of SSR's in Ohio :D

Appreciate the welcome and I have upgraded my Membership to help support the site as the information here (as well as the members) is and will be infinitely valuable.

Fotojo44 - Thank you for the detailed suggestions, I was amazed when looking at the SSR and opening the hood to see 1 little bar (and a bent one at that so it conforms to the hood shape) holding up that hood. I could almost imagine the big bump on my head when it came crashing down :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts