Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, as from the title, I'm a Brit who has been driving American Cars and trucks since I was 21, and 63 now so 42 years of American V8s and now looking to get my 1st SSR, I've had a Supercharged Silverado SS, Z71s C10S, Blazers, Camaros, etc, I've even owned fords and Mopar but not for long, I'm a Chevy man at heart.. I've always wanted a SSR and as we will be buying a new house soon, where I can have my dream Garage built for my eclectic car/truck collection, Looking for my SSR .
No doubt I'll be asking questions about how to etc..
I've decided on Red and a 6.0 , and might add supercharger as I do love the sound, but it will depend on how quick the 6.0 is without.
My wife tells me men don't grow up, their toys just get more expensive, and yeah i resemble that statement lol.
Looking forward to chatting with you all, It's been too long since I've been stateside so a truck buying road trip sound good. Eamonn

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WELCOME, C4EVY . . . from Southern Arizona.

The Search may be a little tough for you but after you locate the Perfect SSR . . . THE DRIVE HOME COULD BE EVEN TOUGHER.

Good Luck !

! :cool: ! 馃憤 ! :cool: ! 馃憤 ! :cool: !
lol I love a challenge ;) any excuse to visit the USA to find a truck, I've done it a few times over the years, I'd found my SS but the guy who was selling was unsure as i was a long way away and his wife got nervous that i could be a scammer, so we flew over to meet them and see the truck, all went well and I'm still friends with him, although a 4 day trip turned into two weeks and we bought a Cadillac escalade as well lol . I bought my Z71 from a dealer in Holland and did drive that all the way back to the UK, and in the 80s and 90s sold lots of classic American cars to Sweeden and delivered lots of them.. There are some SSRs in the UK and Europe but not found a Red 6.0 yet so looking like a USA visit ;)

One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
Good luck with your search. You should start Here since most of these will be well cared for and ready to travel.
And if you time it right you might even get to a rally and meet some of the family!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck with your search. You should start Here since most of these will be well cared for and ready to travel.
And if you time it right you might even get to a rally and meet some of the family!
i'm now lookging through the for sale section, I got my SS Silverado from the SS owners forum. great truck but was only a year old at time, still regret selling it lol

Premium Member
Welcome from Maryland, and good luck with your search!
As others have said, if you find one that interests you maybe one of us could check it out for you.
You have probably already done lots of searches, but here's what's on Hemings Cars for Sale now Chevrolet SSR For Sale | Hemmings Motor News
No Red 06's but there are three 05's.

Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
@C4EVY, ditto all the suggestions above. Meantime---Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and then the year of your SSR, after get it, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR, after you get it, in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for the "How To Library" OneDrive

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Click here for parts, help and tips--Simple Engineering, LLC 鈥 Chevy SSR Aftermarket Parts, Accessories and Repair Solutions

Owner Pinmap locate other owners and let them locate you. Go to last page to add your information.

Nick & Kathy

Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
It's pretty awesome that you have appreciated American muscle cars through the years! Now you will be finding out what we mean by having a "PermaGrin" once you find that red 06 that you're looking for! Like others have said, once you find one it's likely that you will be able to locate a Fanatic nearby to put his eyes on it first before you make the trip! Best of Luck! 馃槈馃嚭馃嚫馃槑

1 - 20 of 44 Posts