Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m Ed and I will be lurking here for a while. I have 57 BelAir / 67 Malibu ragtop in storage and drive a black 88 sportside with hard lid. So the SSR is in my blood but not my driveway yet. I hope to learn from you all so I can buy smart. I have to decide what to buy and where to buy it in USA / or here at home in Canada Please feel free to point me where you think is best in all aspects. Thanks everyone :thumbs Ed Ryall [email protected] www.rebel-air.net

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes sir!

Yes sir! I have found alot of good info here already. Hope I'm not jumping in to the market to late. Want to buy before summer, but not wanting to rush eather. I want to feel good about my purchase as this will be a long time keeper for me. I do not want to look back and say wish I had ..... or not .... I will be reading everything that pops up here. Thanks Ed / REBEL

·
Registered
322 Posts
Welcom!!

Glad to have you here!! I DO have to thank you right off the bat!! Your avatar sent me laughing so hard I spilled my coffee!!!! :lol That was great!!!

Welcome to the site! Are you anywhere near Wheatly? I grew up outside Detroit, near the glass house(Ford) but had 2 summer homes in Wheatly/Lemington Canada.

You'll learn plenty here, best place for SSR's!!

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
Be sure to shop around. Prices vary greatly around the country. I was hesitant in buying outside my area but managed a real good deal by flying 1100 miles from home to pick it up. Everything worked out great with my deal.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wildcat66 … that’s yes sir or miss which ever works.
Axiom … I live in Ruthven just before Leamington on way to Wheatley. And I work in that ketchup factory (millwright) Eat more Heinz :)
Dingbat … yes I will look around. After reading here a bit, I have put my sister-in-law in gear. She works as a Custom officer at the Windsor / Detroit boarder. I have asked her to get all the regulations and particulars for buying on one side and registering on the other side of boarder... Because U.S. / Canadian dollar is predicted to be within 10 cents by Christmas and at par by spring. I just priced out a 05 on “gm Canada” site at 73,000 :cuss
Theses SSR’S are screaming for trick paint. It’s going to be hard to wait for the best deal.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ketchup!!!

I know that spot!!! Is the BIG TOMATO !!! still there????

i LOVED Wheatley, and Lemington ! Beautiful Land! Went a few years back, much has changed, and more developed now! Lake Erie was my backyard, literally, right on the water, and just a bit ways from Point Pelee. As a kid it was like being Tom Sawyer as there were really no communities at that time. You only saw everyone at Smelt season!!! :lol

Custom Paint looks great on these trucks! I agree. We went with the 2 tone and Styling Pkg on ours, but at least we have the only White, Blue and Red one around! (For Now ;) ) - Im sure everyone will be getting the "Mods" bug soon :) If you browse the photo galleries, you will find some really beautiful work that everyone adds to make theirs unique! Great place for ideas, and to see just how much fun everyone has together.

Good luck on your shopping, this is the best place for the "real" information, and where to find your best deals. Welcome Ruthven!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
best Deal

Search the previous posts.
Many have talked about the outrageous Canadian sticker price from GM.
If used is an option, it seems you can import without a big deal if the car has I belive at least 6,000 miles on it. Otherwise big fees.
Hope this helps a little. I think your first decision is new or used. Then check the customs fees, which I see you started already.
Whichever you choose I know you'll be happy.
It is a GREAT truck.
Don't let some of the nay sayers dissuade you. :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks All

Axion … LOL Killer Tomato … yes still here, has not spoiled yet?
I see you sell mod. parts; I’ll have to deal with you later. “Paint ideas”, I have lots. But here are a couple shots of a fellow painter and friends work. Blue panel is in Toronto and black flame job was painted for SEMA this year. He painted 6 for the show. I can paint, but can’t touch Ron’s color blends He is the flame master; the transition from color to color is so even.

Miss Wildcat66 … Thanks

Movin’on … hope to swing deal for new one, but what ever makes money sense. I’m going to be painting her anyway. There’s so much trick paint now days, I have paint that changes color by temperature. Like from S.S. Yellow to R.L. Red when the temp goes’s over 80 degrees.
I can have it mixed to go from a color to a clear at 80 degrees … Can you see a airbrushed pinup in a bikini painted with uro. Then paint a dress on her with the color to clear. All the little boys in the area will be on there hands and knees blowing on the paint in Sept.

Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome. Ed / REBEL

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Hands & Knees

REBEL said:
.... I can have it mixed to go from a color to a clear at 80 degrees … Can you see a airbrushed pinup in a bikini painted with uro. Then paint a dress on her with the color to clear. All the little boys in the area will be on there hands and knees blowing on the paint in Sept.

Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome. Ed / REBEL
WHOA... you will see men of all ages on their hands & knees too... :glol

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sample

A few of us Airbrush guy’s decided to send tags to the troops over in Iraq for moral support. I took this opportunity to try out this new paint. This tag could be hanging on the front of a tank roaming the dunes over there at this time.
Both pics are of the same tag. Yellow is at about 65 degrees and Red is at about 90 degrees.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Plates

Those are great! I bet they are just all over these!!! :D

We went on down to the big "Support the Troops" send off @ Camp Pendleton and at the Harbor a year ago or so. What a great feeling of comraderie, everyone brought their loudest toys prettiest rides and made some noise. Absolutely amazing for us, and the families of our brave men/women - very emotional and proud event for all. Sent them the video! I find myself wanting a plate now!!

Excellent Way to Support !!!! :angel Bring Em HOME SAFE!!

The Paint work? - talented and gifted by far!!!!
I can't wait to see what you come up with for yours :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts