Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please be forwarned that when purchasing products from Joe aka 2005SSR6speed that you will incur additional costs, These costs are a direct result of the service he provices as well as the products. Since the instalation of my Magnason supercharger I've been suffering from a speach impediment. At this time it is untreatable except for continued drives in the beast that has been awoken.

The major costs however will be the number of surgeries required to remove the silly grin from my face. The wife could barely stand to look at me before this condition.

Seriously, I would like to thank Joe for all the conversations and help he has given me throughout this process. He went far above and beyond to make sure that everything went as smoothly as possible. I wish I could deal with more people like him, and am looking forward to meeting him at the Tri state run next month.

Joe you da MAN!

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Hank - I am glad you are enjoying the new horses so much. I cannt wait to meet you and all the other Arizona members here real soon. When does Firebird Raceway open for the season? I might be persuaded to head down to your parts for a weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
I have been to Firebird before, my ex-inlaws live in Scottsdale. It is only about a 7 hour drive, maybe we can get a few California SSR's to drive over together and spend a weekend down with your group after Laughlin.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
wilddesertwolf said:
Please be forwarned that when purchasing products from Joe aka 2005SSR6speed that you will incur additional costs, These costs are a direct result of the service he provices as well as the products. Since the instalation of my Magnason supercharger I've been suffering from a speach impediment. At this time it is untreatable except for continued drives in the beast that has been awoken.

The major costs however will be the number of surgeries required to remove the silly grin from my face. The wife could barely stand to look at me before this condition.

Seriously, I would like to thank Joe for all the conversations and help he has given me throughout this process. He went far above and beyond to make sure that everything went as smoothly as possible. I wish I could deal with more people like him, and am looking forward to meeting him at the Tri state run next month.

Joe you da MAN!

Geeeesh.....you got me there with that first sentence :eek
I was thinking tell me it isn't so (thinking you were about to say something horrible).....wish I could be afflicted with those problems (again).

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Living in Sickerville

Sorry you feel so badly about living in the Garden State. If you feel that way about our state, what made you move here when there so many others to choose from??

BTW, where is Sickerville?? That may be your reason for not liking it here.

bcbear (from NJ)

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
bcbear10 said:
Sorry you feel so badly about living in the Garden State. If you feel that way about our state, what made you move here when there so many others to choose from??

BTW, where is Sickerville?? That may be your reason for not liking it here.

bcbear (from NJ)
Fair question....my ex-wife moved here with our son years ago. I have been taking sub-contracting work for a year at a time up in NJ and returning to Virginia Beach. I managed to find a sub-contracting job at the FAA technical center 4+ years ago that lasted almost 5 years and in that time my son has gotten very used to be seeing he 2-3 times a week (he is 12 now). So when I got laid off last December, I decided to get a permanent job up here and after a couple of false starts, I landed a permanent job in Nov. Now, I supposed, was the time to actually buy a house here and stop all that moving and renting (I think I moved 7 times in the last 8 years). So I just closed on my house Thurs., moved Friday, had family come up Sat and leave this morning....busy time.

Sicklerville is exit 41 on the Atlantic City Expressway.

Reasons I found not to like NJ (and I hope I don't offend the Jerseyites that love it here):
1) Taxes...I'm looking at $450 a month in taxes for a 3bed/1 and 1/2 bath house (before buying here I never thought about having to calculate taxes into my monthly mortgage payment).
2) Car insurance (double what I was paying in VA)
3) Jug handles (I did think that these were a worst idea ever....but then I saw Michigan lefts, which might be one degree worse).
4) Pot holes....every street has them and a lot of major roads have tons of them (I saw 7 cars pulled over on 295 one day, each with a flat that they had gotten from the same pot hole)
5) Pay to be on the beach...(being from a free beach state, I was stunned that I had to pay $ to walk on the beach.
6) Medical waste at the beach....(although this hasn't been as much as an issue now, but I did have to get out of the water once because my skin was burning).
7) People are in a rush....a car behind me will pull right into the merge on lane to pull back left into the space in front of me just because I left one car length there.

Just to throw in some good things about NJ:
1) gas is cheaper than most places.
2) no self-serve at gas pumps (sometimes this is bad, but when its cold and wet out, it's nice to not have to pump your own gas)
3)....can't think of anything else.

I guess whether you like a place or not depends a lot on where you grew up. I've talked to a lot of people here in NJ and those who grew up here don't think it's that bad, but those who have had to move here....don't have anything nice to say about it.

I still hope that now that there are quite a few SSRs in NJ, that eventually there will be a get together.....then you can see that there are only 2 things I complain about 1) NJ and 2) everything else :jester :jester :jester

John

·
Registered
89 Posts
No Self-serve

No self serve gasoline in OR either unless you have a commercial cardlock acct. Beachs are 350 mi from me, but medical waste isn't a problem and they're free - State Land. I think I'll just stay our here... Gasoline ain't cheap

·
Registered
70 Posts
EX JERSEY GIRL------Great as a kid growing up!
Not as an adult paying a mortgage!

$450 a month OMG!!!!!!
I have a 4 bdr/3 bath in NC with an acre and mountain views. TAXES A YEAR $830!
I could never afford to live in Jersey again and I make good money here!
How the heck can you do it? (and drive an SSR)
I will never cringe again at my tax bill again!

Grew up in Jackson ( Six Flags Great Adventure ) :)

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Zoe Tat2girl said:
EX JERSEY GIRL------Great as a kid growing up!
Not as an adult paying a mortgage!

$450 a month OMG!!!!!!
I have a 4 bdr/3 bath in NC with an acre and mountain views. TAXES A YEAR $830!
I could never afford to live in Jersey again and I make good money here!
How the heck can you do it? (and drive an SSR)

Grew up in Jackson ( Six Flags Great Adventure ) :)

Ummm.....I want to move to NC :D
Not sure I will be able to do it....I might have to sell my house in Virginia Beach (which is rented out right now) to be able to the cover costs....but if I could hold out 3 more years, I will have paid off the SSR and I'll be fine.

The real estate agent I was using said she was paying $17,000 a year in taxes!!! Which was more than her mortgage.

I've driven past Jackson many times on 195 on the way up to North Jersey....only stopped at Six Flags once though.

Ps. hope that wiper problem just goes away.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
TAXES TAXES & More TAXES

Zoe Tat2girl said:
EX JERSEY GIRL------$450 a month OMG!!!!!!

Try living in New York State... I believe we are paying one of the highest taxes anywhere. :nopity

1 - 13 of 13 Posts