Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else here have any problem with their rear differential making a high pitched sound while giving gas around 60mph, when I let off the gas the high pitched tone goes away.

I work at a Chevy Dealer and the service guy said it may be the rear diff. just wanted to know if anyone experienced this?

:confused

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Coz said:
Anyone else here have any problem with their rear differential making a high pitched sound while giving gas around 60mph, when I let off the gas the high pitched tone goes away.

I work at a Chevy Dealer and the service guy said it may be the rear diff. just wanted to know if anyone experienced this?

:confused
Coz,
Lots of information on this problem, go to the search button and enter rear end noice or drive line noise & you will find lots of threads. It will help you understand how to discuss solutions with your dealer. Good luck!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BD, followed the search down the rabbit hole and found what I was looking for. Printed out and faxed to my service advisor, will let you all know how it turns out.

On a personal note, I want to say thank you to all that have taken such great care in providing not only a fun place for SSR owners to meet and greet but an invaluable resource for us non 'tech' heads to get the heads up.

I must take some time to properly introduce myself and look forward to making new friends.

Coz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts