Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious what kind of highway mileage most of you were getting...I know I'd want to take this beast on a few trips if I get one (or WHEN I get one...lets be positive)...my GP is spoiling me now by cruising at 75mph and getting 27-28mpg. I know it'll never come close to that but I was wondering how far am I going to slide (CAFE figures are so general they dont really help much)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just went from the same drive train (3800) in a Monte Carlo SS. You will get about 10MPG less in all condx with the SSR in the real world.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Jut tooka a 150 mile round trip yesterday with the SSR out on the interstate. Average speed was 84mph with a blast up to 125mph and the average fuel was 19 mpg.

But did I mention I got over 20 spm?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Went to Texas back in Dec. round trip about 1800 miles. Got an average of 19 mpg on the highway. Average speed around 75 mph.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,714 Posts
Zero to Speed Limit...

mikepowell said:
sometimes you gotta pay for the extra fun of blasting past lesser automobiles :flag
I don't keep a close eye on MPG... but I do know that it goes super fast from zero to the "speed limit" + or - 9 MPH all the time :lol

PS. I also like the sounds of the revs... occasionally I will "sneak" it into neutral to wake up the beastly sound! VARRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOM
:jester

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
Mileage?

I have about 10k miles on a 05 Automatic and I average 18.5mpg....
But I get 300 to 350 LPM (Looks per Mile).
:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

·
Premium Member
3,672 Posts
Marc NY said:
PS. I also like the sounds of the revs... occasionally I will "sneak" it into neutral to wake up the beastly sound! VARRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOM :jester
I must have done that about ten times driving out through the crowd at the track this evening. Got a cheer every time.

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Mpg

Just got back from the Kingsburg ralley got 20.6 mpg. That's great at 80mph most of the time, 274mis one way. Only change in my ride is a K&N 33-2118 air filter in the stock box!!! You noticed I said most of the time there were some 100's & 120's :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Highway mileage

BIG JIM said:
I have about 10k miles on a 05 Automatic and I average 18.5mpg....
But I get 300 to 350 LPM (Looks per Mile).
:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs
Just checked and I'm averaging around 13.5mpg based on aprox. 75%freeways, 25% local driving with an '05 auto. Guess my right shoe must be a little heavy. It really doesn't matter, one of those I don't look, I don't care, its just too much fun to drive!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts