Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the highway navigator M669 from Herringtoncatalog.com for $65.00. Price sounded a lot better than a replacement mirror for $500. I'll let everyone know if this was a wise investment or not? I would think that if the Tahoe came with temp and compass a SSR could have, but it's only money....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Outside temp.

Fred Edick said:
Just ordered the highway navigator M669 from Herringtoncatalog.com for $65.00. Price sounded a lot better than a replacement mirror for $500. I'll let everyone know if this was a wise investment or not? I would think that if the Tahoe came with temp and compass a SSR could have, but it's only money....
Keep us posted I really want the outside temp in our ssr/ :flag

·
Premium Member
6,310 Posts
Just helped move our son to Fort Myers Florida yesterday. My van outside temp said 99 degrees! Wish I did not know that sometimes, ha-ha. :)

Scott 0168 :ssr

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Yea, that's hot, but the weather channel said Needles, (I think it is in Arizona}, is going to reach 120 degrees today! Yikes....I did not know places actually got that hot. I'm talking temperature, not heat index. Ouch! Be careful driving back Scott. People drive bizarre in the heat sometimes. :seeya

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
cruzned said:
Yea, that's hot, but the weather channel said Needles, (I think it is in Arizona}, is going to reach 120 degrees today! Yikes....I did not know places actually got that hot. I'm talking temperature, not heat index. Ouch! Be careful driving back Scott. People drive bizarre in the heat sometimes. :seeya
Be extra careful in Florida. People in this state don't need the heat as an excuse to drive bizarre.

be on the lookout for q-tips and ghost drivers :lol

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
cruzned said:
Needless - err Needles is in California - not too far from Death Valley...

My Roadster has stayed in the garage all week - I hate to leave her out in the blazing sun while working - we've been above 100 all week - and will stay up there for awhile... + we've had higher than normal humidity. :mad

Evening drives thru the vineyards isn't too bad though...

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Pass the Kooler please!

Hey Keith,

WOW You are HOT! We have been in the 90s for 9 days now... feels like 98 to 101 with the heat factor built in. We have the same number of 90 degree days as we had 80s last year at this time. :eek

We will finally get some cooler weather... :jester

Attachments

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Left out one factor

dingbat said:
Come on down here. This is the typical forcast from now til September
Hi Dingbat
I will take the heat in Calif. You left out one factor in your typical forcast HURRICANES!!! :glol :glol :glol

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
crazyrtr53 said:
Hi Dingbat
I will take the heat in Calif. You left out one factor in your typical forcast HURRICANES!!! :glol :glol :glol
Actually a lot more miss us than hit us. Can't remember the last mudslide or earthquake that hit us though

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Good one

dingbat said:
Actually a lot more miss us than hit us. Can't remember the last mudslide or earthquake that hit us though
Not close to mudslide's but use to shaking and baking :glol :glol :glol

·
SSR Pit Crew
9,297 Posts
info on Needles

First of all...Needles is indeed in California but it is quite a ways from Death Valley. It sits on the CA/AZ/NV border on the Colorado River. I was born and raised there and can remember heats of nearly 130 in the summer. The last year I lived there, 1988, the temp NEVER dropped below 100 degrees, day or night, for 90 straight days. You walk outside at 3 a.m. and it is like a blast furnace...A/C is a necessity for most folks, not a luxury. Needles was originally a railroad company town and my family has been there since 1929...still have one brother and one uncle living there. It is more of a tourist town now although most residents still work for the railroad...the river is overflowing with boats during the summer but I can remember skiing from what is now the Laughlin/Bullhead area to Lake Havasu City (before there was either) and never running into another boat!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts