Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry I don't know any details, but while I was working out at the gym mid day today, the History Channel was on Modern Marvels and I saw a lot of the concept SSR. I couldn't hear the audio, so I'm not sure of much. It looked like they were giving a good review, but the vehicle had rear views on the A-Pillar and no bed cover. As they showed computer graphics of the top retracting, it clam-shelled instead of stacking like ours. Anybody see this show or know when it will repeat?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Missed it! :cry Modern Marvels has repeats on a whole bunch of shows just not the "Pickup Trucks" episode.

The guide didn't mention SSR or my tivo would have got it. As a matter of fact since I put that wishlist in place there hasn't been a hit yet.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I did catch it just as I was preparing dinner last night. Pretty cool show that detailed the history of the truck. It was weird seeing the computerized version of the SSR doing the clamshell retracting thing. I guess that was the original intent until ASC came up with a better method. After seeing my friends Lexus clamshell top, I am sure glad they came up with what we have. I think the clamshell method appears problematic and unatural. OUrs folds into the compartment so smoothly!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I see from my TV guide here on the East Coast that "Muscle Car" Is coming on at 7:00 PM instead of 9PM today, Wednesday, June 16. Will check both to be sure but isn't that the show that will feature one of our enthusiasts?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Speed Channel

It was not what I had expected, only a short look at the inside with a kid thrashing about. I think they just did not think the SSR is what a real SS has been over the many years. :flag

1 - 12 of 12 Posts