Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a hitch for my SSR have some questions.

1. When you turn the key the knob will rotate and pull out about 1 1/2 inch, the ball bearing at the top will move.

2. Are the bearing what hold the inch in the socket when installed?

3. At the rear of the hitch behind the know there is tab that extend up ward what is it's purpose?

4. I have no instuction as to how this hitch works if someone has them can I get a copy or where do I find them?

Thanks
Larry

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Run Rod Run the video makes things look a easy.

Again Thanks
Larry

Can't wait to see what my Drag Boat looks like behind it. (pic in owners other rides)

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Boat is a 1990 XR 2001 it was on the cover of boating world magazine in 1990 it's 20 foot two inch in length, and was made light to run one class at 485 lbs.
It's has the race boat steering with pulleys and cables, you have to mount steering arm on the engine like formula boat run, most positive steering you can get.
The engine is a 225 Yamaha with port and carb work by Ray Neudecker of Jackson TN. will put out between 280 and 300 HP at the prop.
The boat has won class champion ships in TBDA (Tennessee drag boat Association) as well the ODBA (outboard drag boat association). It has been run in mod production class as well as unlimited outboard.
The trailer is an Oklahoma trailer special built for the boat.
There are more pictures of the boat on Allisonowners.com under XR2001 section and Allisonboats.com under model race boats. There are some video of race boats at yahoo under Jasper boat race, I did not find any of my boat running most of the video are posted by owners or fans.

YAMAHA
You
and
me
are
haulling
ass

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the information the hitch works just like the video shows. I'm sure i will have more questions in the future.

larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts