Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are many so called Hollywood cars that are seen in motion pictures. Ones that come to mind are the Volkswagen Thing in 50 dates. Or the Pontiac Trans Am in Smokey and the Bandit. The DeLorean in Back to the Future. And of course The Mustang Bullitt, that Steve McQueen drove in Gone in 60 seconds.

My question is if there have been any SSR's in Hollywood movies? Even if it was just in some background to the movie.

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts
You have intertwined two movies. Steve McQueen had a Mustang in the Movie Bullitt. Gone in 60 Seconds starred Toby Halicki, and the process of stealing a bunch of cars. They were shot about 6 years apart. Gone in 60 Seconds started the Eleanor craze.

The SSR has had a bit part in a few movies, but I can't remember it having a starring role in any.

I remember a photo of Arnold Schwarzenegger taking his daughter to school in a top down SSR, That made the round of the star mgazines.

·
Blue Angel
673 Posts
Just do a little looking around here in the family vault. Lots to find.
These threads are a little older, 2012 & 2015 but wicked fun to see what was already discovered. Great opportunity to add any that others have found! I know I have caught a glimpse in a few of these. TV shows too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts