Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There were SSR's galore up in Wisconsin Rapids area this weekend.

We had left town and saw A RED ONE just as we were turning onto the on ramp for the interstate. Then up near Madison I spotted another
PURPLE ONE. As we neared Wisconsin Rapids in small a town of Biron (population 841) we spotted a YELLER one. We arrived in the Rapids and past a dealer that had an AQUA BLUR setting out front.

Later that nite at the car cruise there were three more YELLER SSR's in the cruise lines. During our road cruise (a 37 mile route) we spotted another YELLER one in a driveway with the owner out front in his lawn chair watching the cars cruise by. This is a great cruise that these poepl put on. :cool :thumbs

The group that put on the cruise is COVETTES OF THE NORTH. From the ones I've met, they seem like a good bunch of car enthusiasts. They passed out flyers about NO BURN OUTS so that they could continue to have the cruise every year. All the proceeds aftter expenses for lawfull assistance is donated to charities in the Rapids area. :flag

Sunday was the car show and not a one of the SSR's from the day before came out. The wife and I stuck around and enjoyed the wonderful sun shine and variety of vehicles. There were some very nice customs up here (pulled a no no :nono and left my precious image capturing device at the place of departure). Loads of compliments on the SSR, and just as many people to talk to about how I could take a brand new SSR and tear it a part to custom paint it. I told them like I tell everyone else " they just call me crazy". Anyway when it came down to awards the winners in the modified class were a chopped and lowered 53 CHEVY P/U a bright red 52 Ford, and a 62 CHEVY P/U. (nice vehicles), but nowhere near the eye catcher mine is. This was a judged show again and they give no points for having a bed liner in the bed, even if it was spotless and a factory installed. Since that is the only down fall at a judged show I'm not gonna worry about it. I built mine to use as well as look good doing it, show or otherwise.

Oh, by the way, I recieved my first door ding Saturday while the wife and I were eating at a restaraunt. There was no one near it when we went in, but when we came out the vehicle one my side looked a bit close to be able to open their door fully, with out bumping my SSR. I took a quik look, and everyhting seemed ok, so we left. Today while I was cleaning it, I found a spot that wouldn't rub out with the polish. Upon closer inspection it was a paint marr from the vehicle from the restaraunt, and looking from the side I saw it was also a dent. Totaly bummed. :mad

Finished the cleaning and made the best of the day. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Door dings HATE UM!!!!!

FUZZY said:
There were SSR's galore up in Wisconsin Rapids area this weekend.

We had left town and saw A RED ONE just as we were turning onto the on ramp for the interstate. Then up near Madison I spotted another
PURPLE ONE. As we neared Wisconsin Rapids in small a town of Biron (population 841) we spotted a YELLER one. We arrived in the Rapids and past a dealer that had an AQUA BLUR setting out front.

Later that nite at the car cruise there were three more YELLER SSR's in the cruise lines. During our road cruise (a 37 mile route) we spotted another YELLER one in a driveway with the owner out front in his lawn chair watching the cars cruise by. This is a great cruise that these poepl put on. :cool :thumbs

The group that put on the cruise is COVETTES OF THE NORTH. From the ones I've met, they seem like a good bunch of car enthusiasts. They passed out flyers about NO BURN OUTS so that they could continue to have the cruise every year. All the proceeds aftter expenses for lawfull assistance is donated to charities in the Rapids area. :flag

Sunday was the car show and not a one of the SSR's from the day before came out. The wife and I stuck around and enjoyed the wonderful sun shine and variety of vehicles. There were some very nice customs up here (pulled a no no :nono and left my precious image capturing device at the place of departure). Loads of compliments on the SSR, and just as many people to talk to about how I could take a brand new SSR and tear it a part to custom paint it. I told them like I tell everyone else " they just call me crazy". Anyway when it came down to awards the winners in the modified class were a chopped and lowered 53 CHEVY P/U a bright red 52 Ford, and a 62 CHEVY P/U. (nice vehicles), but nowhere near the eye catcher mine is. This was a judged show again and they give no points for having a bed liner in the bed, even if it was spotless and a factory installed. Since that is the only down fall at a judged show I'm not gonna worry about it. I built mine to use as well as look good doing it, show or otherwise.

Oh, by the way, I recieved my first door ding Saturday while the wife and I were eating at a restaraunt. There was no one near it when we went in, but when we came out the vehicle one my side looked a bit close to be able to open their door fully, with out bumping my SSR. I took a quik look, and everyhting seemed ok, so we left. Today while I was cleaning it, I found a spot that wouldn't rub out with the polish. Upon closer inspection it was a paint marr from the vehicle from the restaraunt, and looking from the side I saw it was also a dent. Totaly bummed. :mad

Finished the cleaning and made the best of the day. :)
Hey Fuzzy,
When I park my SSR anywhere, I park it so that no one is around it. Even if I have to park close to the road at the mall where no one parks.
Girl friends hate it a bitch because they don't want to walk too far to get inside.
I am sorry, I tell them, but people, in general, do not respect others and there property. So, even if it is raining, we are going to get wet. But, I drop them off at the door and then park. At least I can be nice and protect my car at the same time.
;)
Thanks for the info on the car show. Wish I could have been there.
Van05360

PS: Turtle Wax has color polishes that hide some dings. red, white, green, blue, black. I have the black color for just such things. works well :thumbs

·
Premium Member
9,498 Posts
Hey, Fuzzy

Just find Mike Powell - he's got a SSR trunk full of dent removing tools. Salt Lake City's just another cruise away - or maybe he makes house calls.

Too bad about the dent - been lucky so far, but had a couple on our red Sonoma, and the local dent remover did an awesome job.

Ray

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
How bout tail gate dings that you did yourself!!!! I removed my rear Bow Tie and dinged up my gate. That's thin stuff back there, so now a project to repair. When finished you will never know. Scheide

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.