Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a brief, I will post details and pics as soon as I get some rest. We flew from Raleigh NC on Wednesday nite to Des Moines IA. Picked up the SSR Thursday and headed back home. After a cold trip through Indiana we arrived home at Midnight Friday nite. 1103.6 miles total. SSR ran perfectly, what a cruiser at 75mph on highways. Love it, love it, love it.
I do want to talk with other owners of 6 speed SSR's to get some info too.
Going to bed, drove 14 hours today.

·
Premium Member
9,313 Posts
Here's a brief, I will post details and pics as soon as I get some rest. We flew from Raleigh NC on Wednesday nite to Des Moines IA. Picked up the SSR Thursday and headed back home. After a cold trip through Indiana we arrived home at Midnight Friday nite. 1103.6 miles total. SSR ran perfectly, what a cruiser at 75mph on highways. Love it, love it, love it.
Just ask the questions. I'm sure some of us 6 speed owners will be more than happy to spend some of your money.

Let's see - 4:10 gears, LS7 clutch and flywheel, Hurst linkage - yup - we can help you out.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,005 Posts
Congratulations!
Many possibilities for upgrades and/or maintenance upgrades are in front of you. It all starts with assessing what you’ve got and deciding your path, anywhere from completely stock to fully custom or somewhere in between. The possibilities are only limited to your imagination and $$. A lot of excellent parts are available from Simple Enginnering.

You are in the right place to get information to inform your decisions.

My advice boils down to:
- Assess what you’ve got
- Ask questions on the forum and get the knack of the searching the forum.
- Get “the key” from Dinerman - a USB key containing an electronic copy of the manuals and some of Dicktator’s help docs
- Go to a local gathering of SSRs. You’ll find a great group of folks to help you out. Better yet, go to a rally or tech day.

Most importantly.... Enjoy the ride!

- Robert
:silver:

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Congrats on getting your SSR home.

You will be able to gather as much info as you want to do all things things you will want and need to do.

Just try and keep try and keep the permagrin off your face.

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
4,895 Posts
Glad you made it home As a manual owner I will be glad to talk with you about our trucks. I’m sorry it was so cold thru Indiana, should have waited a few days and the weather would have changed. Well maybe not always to the best. :laugh:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,047 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota.

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
Welcome from Middle Tennessee. Glad you made it home safe and don't have to drive in that nasty weather coming to NC.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,377 Posts
YAHOOOO!!!!! Glad your trip was no hassle!!!! Now you can get with it!!! Y'all enjoy it and Meet & Greet other Fanatics.

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
:smile2:

As said during the post comments, the gear swap/better clutch deal and the Hurst shifter should be on your Christmas list if your ride didn't have those items already.

Mine came with the LS 7 clutch setup already done. I put in the Hurst shifter deal. (Not fun removing all the console stuff to get at it):frown2:

If you end up being interested in a lower gear swap, you can explore prior posts here and you will find that those with six speeds favored the 456 gear swap. I'm kinda in the middle of doing that myself as you can find on a related posting of mine recently.

Initial gear swap was noisy and unacceptable to me. We are scheduled to (re-do) the swap with another 456 set later this month. Hopefully it goes well.

I see you are also in No. Carolina, so if you do decide to pursue a swap, you might want to use the shop in Raleigh that is handling mine.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,446 Posts
Glad you had an Awesome drive home!

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,478 Posts
Glad you had a great trip home, enjoy your new ride !!!!!!!!!!! :grin2:

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,491 Posts
Impressive, Calook . . .

When I "adopted" The Doophus it took Four Days / Three Nights for the trip home, 1600 plus Miles.

! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana !

1 - 20 of 41 Posts