Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received our 06 SSR, love it! We threw the A/C belt when we started it to drive it home, but the dealer had it fixed IMMEDIATELY!
The reason for this post is that I have found that the Homelink only works if the vehicle is in the garage or from outside if the garage door is open (closes the door). The remote that came with the garage door opener works the door correctly. The Homelink in my Acura works the door fine. The Homelink in our Sierra works well. Any ideas? I tried programming all three buttons, but none of them will open the closed door from outside of the garage.

·
Just a voyeur now...
154 Posts
I hate to say it, but if you have other vehicles that use Homelink and it works, I'd be getting the SSR's electronics checked. For what it's worth, we have Homelink in an H2 and the SSR, and they both seem to work fine.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,106 Posts
No issues with SSR Homelink, but......

I have had issue with the Homelink in my Tahoe for almost 5 years now. The strength of the transmitter is so poor that you have to be right up against the door to get it to open. Closing it id no issue, since the signal path to the antenna is not blocked by the metal door.

The dealership that I used to use for service (note past tense) kept putting me off with "it tests OK through the on-board diagnostics" and insisted that it was my garage door opener. They suggested that I reroute my antenna for the opener to an "external" spot outside the garage. What a bunch of :bs . I have since replace the opener with a Sears Belt Drive unit (love the quiet operation) and the problem with my Tahoe persists. The SSR will open the door from 50 yards away.

I am convinced that the Tahoe Homelink has a weak transmitter, but since it is 5+ years old and 90K miles, I am not going to spend the money. It no longer has the garage anyway.........

Push your dealership Service department to either get the "mobile guy" to come out and test the system, or get them to replace the transmitter itself under warranty. I would vote for choice #2.

Hope you get it solved....

Mike

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The homelike in the SSR and impala work about 150'. you have a problem

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Homelink

I can hit mine on the mirror, (Button # 1) and it will open my garage door from up to 200' away. Actually works better than my original button that came with the garage door opener.

Although I have never looked behind me to see if it is opening others in the area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts