Chevy SSR Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd
1,046 Posts
I would think that you could use the support with bolts to hold it to the mounts on the hood and paint it all to match the truck (Blur) or black to have it disappear and it would not look bad from a distance. Up close it would be obvious that it was just filling a hole. I have painted mine to match the truck so they look like they belong when the hood is open.
Would you attach some pictures of what it looks like on you truck(s)? What does it look like when the hood is closed, from the outside or front?

TIA

· One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,749 Posts
I hope this is what you are looking for and it is helpfull to your decision making.
Water Tire Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle
hood up view of hood emblem & support on Del (Vin 21474)
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Hood up view of hood emblem & support on BlueStreak (Vin 23198)
20221219_095241 (3).jpg
Hood closed view of Hood emblem and grill trim on BlueStreak (Vin 23198)

Attachments

· Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd
1,046 Posts
@BlueStreak, thank you, those pictures are helpful. Now, I'm wondering what the emblem support would look like from the front with the hood closed without the emblem?

This probably falls into the "offer an inch, take a mile" category. If you had a moment and were wondering what to do with it, could you, would you remove the emblem and take a picture? :rolleyes::oops::unsure:

· One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,749 Posts
I would need to buy the hardware to mount it. And paint the hardware and the mounting tabs on the hood to do the look justice. Not sure I have the time to do the shopping and masking and painting to do it justice. I am also not sure that doing it in Pac Blue would give the same look as that gorgeous Aqua Blur and I do not want to repaint either of my trucks.Do You?

· Registered
2003 & 2004 Black SSR
258 Posts
I finally ordered my emblem supports.

I also wanted to share what Ross or someone did to this emblem prior to my purchase of his hood. I don’t recall if he’s the “artist” or somebody else did it. Great guy.
He’s out of Perris, California.
The letters were hollowed out because, he had or was going to have LED colored lights installed behind it.
Automotive tire Textile Sleeve Wood Bumper
Light Wood Yellow Publication Line
Motor vehicle Automotive design Engineering Aerospace manufacturer Aviation

· Premium Member
2006 Silver automatic-vin #122786
626 Posts
Garris1---When the emblem is removed you have an indentation on the front of the hood where the emblem was located. You have to fill that space. The emblem support will not help. Some have removed the emblem, welded in a piece on sheet metal, refinished and repainted the hood. So there would be no need for the support. The attachment from the back of the emblem holds the support piece in place--one goes with the other. The emblem is plastic--hence the breakage of the attachment bolts and the need for the support piece. Be sure and repair the attachment bolts first before you use the support. MAX 1 glue is the best--it is like welding it to the plastic--recommended by Dictator--I used it and highly recommend it. I pulled my emblem and re welded ALL the attachment bolts with MAX 1 glue, then installed the painted support.
Steve

· Premium Member
6,139 Posts
Mike in AZ's Carbon Fiber bracket is awesome. I really like the support for it is great protection for security of the hood emblem.
View attachment 617501
I have owned one since before Mike took them over and they were fiber glass. I hit a deer with mine on, and it only cracked the hood cap. They work. I now have a billet cap so don't use it, but unless you have billet they are well worth it.

· Premium Member
6,139 Posts
Garris1---When the emblem is removed you have an indentation on the front of the hood where the emblem was located. You have to fill that space. The emblem support will not help. Some have removed the emblem, welded in a piece on sheet metal, refinished and repainted the hood. So there would be no need for the support. The attachment from the back of the emblem holds the support piece in place--one goes with the other. The emblem is plastic--hence the breakage of the attachment bolts and the need for the support piece. Be sure and repair the attachment bolts first before you use the support. MAX 1 glue is the best--it is like welding it to the plastic--recommended by Dictator--I used it and highly recommend it. I pulled my emblem and re welded ALL the attachment bolts with MAX 1 glue, then installed the painted support.
Steve
Where do you buy Max 1 glue?

Dave

· Premium Member
2006 Silver automatic-vin #122786
626 Posts
max 1 glue.com
Buy it direct online comes in a couple days--get the whole kit--- Glue, accelerator and filler--this is like welding it together--build up an area for more strength. There is an emblem fix on the Drive one list that Dictator did.
Steve

21 - 30 of 30 Posts