Chevy SSR Forum banner

Hood Scoop, appearance only?

5K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  dave rasmussen 
#1 ·
I have seen several members here with the Hood Scoops on their SSR's and wanted to ask, are they just for the "cool" factor or do they actually do anything beneficial for the intake system or to better cool or ???

#3 ·
#7 ·
Mine is in the front and replaces the Chevrolet emblem. That is where the filter is and in the cold air package kit it closes off the engine compartment so no hot air can get into the filter.

Attachments

#12 ·
Ok, thanks for the responses. Answers the question about need and necessity versus, esthetics. Looks like there is some functional practicality.

#13 ·
"Looks like there is some functional practicality."

Perhaps. But from all I've read and heard, the stock intake is quite adequate unless you've modified the hell out of the engine. And for the cost of a hood replacement, you could buy a bunch of other "go fast" goodies that would help more.

But on the plus side, the scoops sure look cool.

just my $.02

G
#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Cool Cowl Ckup!

240 Gordy....great minds and taste think alike....Black is a great canvas to paint with. Thank you to VOODOOO and Guzzi Guy for the nice comments as well. Wishing all of you Fanaticals�� a safe and prosperous New Year����
Nice, let me weigh in a little here. This scoop was made by George ZZR. I know because I'm him.
I t is not "One off" like Dane says, I sold about 10-15 of them.
His is non functional. For those willing to put a little work into it it can be made functional.
See video here:
https://youtu.be/8cJn2Gh9wZg

George
ZZR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.