Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hood Scoop........Positive airflow

The Hood Scoop is finally done and installed........and Baby has a new lower stance........And the Brake Scoops will be painted and installed next week (I hope) :seeya .........And the new rear spoiler is there too. ;)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
awesome

I have the rear spoiler and after seeing this I gotta have the hood scoop, this is an awesome addition to the SSR

Is the hood scoop functional?

Paul

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hood Scoop & Spoiler

The hood scoop is a"One Of"......made by me.........The spoiler is a modification of an older style ........am not sure it's made any more........Am considering having these made up.......Have been talking to a couple of mfgrs........We shall see......It takes about 2 days to turn out either one.....by hand on an individule basis. Glad you like it......Also will have brake scoops next week....All are hand made and custom fitted with hand and glove method, to fit exactly to the body conture.....Wolfie

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Whitewolf said:
The hood scoop is a"One Of"......made by me.........The spoiler is a modification of an older style ........am not sure it's made any more........Am considering having these made up.......Have been talking to a couple of mfgrs........We shall see......It takes about 2 days to turn out either one.....by hand on an individule basis. Glad you like it......Also will have break scoops next week....All are hand made and custom fitted with hand and glove method, to fit exactly to the body conture.....Wolfie

Keep us posted if you get these made up :)

W

·
0 Posts
The scoop Looks Cool!

You did a great job!

wipurplechick
"If I must get wrinkles, please let them be laugh lines!"

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hood Scoop

Thanks much chick........ :seeya And by the way KYSSR......am in Franklin, Ky at the present........Kinda hard doing some of this work here,and not being at my shop in Fl.............GO BIG BLUE! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Whitewolf said:
And by the way KYSSR......am in Franklin, Ky at the present........Kinda hard doing some of this work here,and not being at my shop in Fl.............GO BIG BLUE! ;)
If you happen to get up to the central part of the state let me know...........

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mid state Ky

KySSR....was there today......Bowling Green...Well kinda close to middle......Stopped at the Chevy dealer.........where Baby came from.........and you shoulda seen them......a real bunch of "Nervious Charlies" Just wanted to setup her first service.........It looked like rats jumping ship :lol ....Have a good evening, Wolfie :seeya

·
Registered
254 Posts
Is that scoop metal?

Did you make that fine lookin' scoop outa metal or 'glass? Also, is your hood stock except for the scoop cutout? :confused

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hot item.....I hope

Scoop is fiber glass........other modifications to the hood is the logo panel at the bottom of the front lip of the hood is filled and painted.........(that to be opened up soon with a trim lip around it) ala "The Blackbird" If we go with this.......there will be 4 versions to choose from......This one,the Gasser,,,a mini Pro,,,,,,,a Trans/Am shaker style and a low profile style......Hope I'm not bitting off more than I can chew........after all i'm an ole fart.......who as my grandaughter say's when asked what her papaw does for a living.......Oh he's retarted :lol .....What is retirement anyway.....Working and having a little fun while your doing it.......Oh and playing a little golf too.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hood Scoop-Functional?

Fourhounds ask if the scoop was functional.........Well as is.....no, But could be. I thought of running venting to the front air box. In thinking it over, the venting would pick up to much engine heat......which would defeat the cool air idea of the air boxand this didn't sound like a good idea.......In reading some of the threads about heating and traped heat under the hood.......It might be wise to open it up after all to release traped heat under the hood and creat a positive air flow out of the hood.......This I will do on my own SSR.....It sure wouldn't hurt to get some of it (heat) outa there..... ;) :seeya

1 - 17 of 17 Posts