Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visted our local GM dealer with three new 05's in the showroom and one was next to an 04. The new struts are mounted with seperate hardware that is tack welded to the hood and bolted on to the fender bracket where the large structure type hole is about 10-12 inches down from the hidge. My question is, has anyone been able to get any part numbers for those pieces needed to convert the 03 and 04's. It is a simple installation for the fender bracket and about three self tapping screws will take care of the bracket on the inside hood liner. At this time the only way I can see to get the hood brackets is to get a complete hood. (not)! It is sure nice to open the hood and see it go up. I can't say the same for the tonu covers, since they still don't go up on the 05's either.

·
Registered
590 Posts
You Will Need Two Of 15212390 Stuts ,15236884 Brackets , 15212393 Brackets

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I have noticed that the toneau (truck bed cover) is even less reliable in colder weather when the hydraulics get colder. Today I had to pry my fingers under it to get it open and the opening was very thin.....:-(

·
Premium Member
2004 bagged and blown
277 Posts
mine helps with the rear spoiler for lifting up. Still have to use care. Rub wd40 on the rubber for extra help in winter.what does the hood parts total costs figure to update to the 05 hood struts?

·
Registered
42 Posts
The struts are $41 each, hood brkts $29 each, body brkt $42 each. I ordered these parts 5-6 weeks ago, and the only thing showed up so far were the struts. They claim all production brkts are going to the factory. That sucks when we all know the factory is shut down for some weeks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
41chevcoe said:
You Will Need Two Of 15212390 Stuts ,15236884 Brackets , 15212393 Brackets
Just to inform everyone that has tried to get these items. The brackets are not available yet due to the fact that no vendor offers them. The numbers are only assigned to the brackets and are not produced for replacement yet. The factory gets the only ones made as of this date. The dealer got the info from GM and said it may be after the final productions before they are available. It seems we can't win at this SSR game.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
jrevet said:
The struts are $41 each, hood brkts $29 each, body brkt $42 each. I ordered these parts 5-6 weeks ago, and the only thing showed up so far were the struts. They claim all production brkts are going to the factory. That sucks when we all know the factory is shut down for some weeks.
I presume these are Stabilus gas springs like the ones on the cargo cover. Would you look and see what the part number is? One line on the spring should read kind of like this "1234AB 123N". Four digits and two letters followed by the load rating in Newtons. Also what is the overall length, extended?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Bracket pictures

In case any one has not seen an 05 up close and is wondering about installing the brackets, when and if they become available, here are a couple of pictures. Sorry about the creeping crud. I took these before it got it's bath.

The bottom is bolted in with an existing bolt.

The top is welded on but could possibly be riveted.

Diggs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts