I have not verified the fit yet as my SSR is still in
Detroit and will be on display at GM Engineering center
for the next 3 or 4 weeks. After that I will test fit and
report.................... I can say the struts look way too
short, but we will see........................Later RICK

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Rick, having seen the struts operate, they expand to about twice their compressed length. It will be interesting to see how they will attach to the fiberglass hood, the stock attachment plate is welded to the hood for support. Let us know.

G

·
The places for the strutts are in the fiberglass hood from the manufacturer, I am told. That was 1 of my concerns before ordering 1 last month for my 05. can't Hardly wait after seeing it in person on Ricks in Lansing. It looked good to me in the pictures. It looks awesome in person. Should be a good touch when the superchargers are ready from magasum. :thumbs :flag :seeya

·
Premium Member
2004 custom Paint and trim , ROTM winner #2, Previous owned R’s, 2006 #1 of 8 2 tone & 2005 silver
2,907 Posts
Stuts

wildcat66 said:
How very cool for you to win that, and to know they will be available to us soon too. I am wondering too how they will attatch to the hood!
I look at the instructions that came with the kit that Rick won. There is a plate that has to be pop riveted on to the hood. They said it should be listed on Chevmall within a month. Finally
Doug

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,947 Posts
Can't wait to find out more!

RaticalSSR said:
I look at the instructions that came with the kit that Rick won. There is a plate that has to be pop riveted on to the hood. They said it should be listed on Chevmall within a month. Finally
Doug
I also heard that there were some self tapping screws that are included in that kit. I can't wait to hear back on how well they fit and work. :thumbs

·
Registered
321 Posts
Topcat55 said:
If the hood struts can be installed by an individual I think we should get a group buy together , of 20+ & ask for special pricing. This could save us all money.

Just a thought.

TOM

I'm in! We just have to identify the part number and find out who is making them, or, where we can buy them...

Sure am getting tired of my backup pvc prop rod. Worries me when other people are around my car! :nono

·
Registered
45 Posts
rick418cars said:
I was fortunate to have received the very first
Hood Strut Kit as a door prize at the SSR Homecoming
event the part # on the box is as follows:

VT129170

I have not verified the fit yet as my SSR is still in
Detroit and will be on display at GM Engineering center
for the next 3 or 4 weeks. After that I will test fit and
report.................... I can say the struts look way too
short, but we will see........................Later RICK
BTW, I love your hood. Did you do it custom or is it available for sale?
Thanks,
Frank

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.