Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“I want a new Attitude hood”.
I’m selfishly asking for others to respond in this survey, to see if there is a sales base for an after market to proceed. I would like a hump to mimic the original hood smoothness and round leading edge added to the top of our hood. I would like it to widen out at the back to the width of the wiper blades. It then need’s to raise high enough to hide the wipers. Either 0pen at the back or have 3 Side Slots or louvers to allow heat to get out. It could be made lighter than the stock one. Help me nudge developers by giving a nod YES … or no. The alternative is me getting dusty, moulding my own on a stock hood. (Like SMOKEY the bear say’s, It’s up to you to help save my stock hood.)

·
Premium Member
9,436 Posts
More ideas for Axiom.

I, like others here, have emailed or called ASC looking for info on availability of the carbon fiber parts, but no replies so far. I suspect they only want to sell it as a complete package, and I'm not interested in that.

I don't think I'd change the hood on mine, but I would really like something like the front spoiler on the Diamondback. Have a look at the Diamondback thread, Rebel, and see if their hood design would work for you. It's carbon fiber, so loses a lot of weight.

So there you have it, Axiom - if ASC won't build them for us, or even have the courtesy to reply, there's an opening for you for more aftermarket pieces. I remember reading earlier where some Fanatics were quite keen on the lower side panels with the built in exhaust outlets.

I really like the front spoiler, as long as it's designed to flow air up into the rad. Don't like the looks of the stock baffle, and I remember reading one thread where Freezer wasn't too crazy about it either. I'm ready for one of those, but no help from ASC. :mad

Ray

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
more, I want more

I would call that hood “mild”, I want a little more attitude and to be able to hide the wipers. I disagree with package kits, there just making a new group of look alikes. Mix n match candy store is needed. If no one needs a change of hood, I'll go it alone. Are there any flawed hoods out there for sale? :seeya

·
Premium Member
9,436 Posts
Search EBay - saw one on there last week with supposedly minor damage.

Ray

·
Registered
137 Posts
Buffy said:
Pardon me for jumping in here, but THAT hood looks perfect! (You just have to blow it up 24 times its size to fit!)
Is it a requirement that the hood be bigger than the engine cover? :lol

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank's, I'm still blind

I looked through 7 pages and was unable to spot this damaged factory hood. (looked under SSR)
If you see another hood, :seeya flag me down "please" Thanks ... First tank of gas still in her and I have this itch to dress her up.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Flassh

Flassh,
Thanks for the suggestion! I may have mentioned the hood earlier as part of our Phase II, along with the running boards and some interior goodies. GM was great about offering ideas for our new design, and we worked out some great plans together.

But we didn't want to inundate the community with too much at once, we will be working Phase II in a bit. The hood is going to knock your socks off though, different all together. Taking into account the support structure, the cooling option, and a real retro plan for its functions!! :cool Definately would slide the SSR into a sweet spot in the Hot Rod community. :flag

As for the ASC project. Most of the items on that one, are conceptual. It is a very sweet look, but as I understand it, this was for the shows, and not for aftermarket - that may be why they have not responded.

We (ADS,Inc.) would prefer to receive more interest on the Phase II items, to be able to justify the tooling expense..........it gets quite costly.

I'm hoping some of those who have purchased the Phase I styling pieces - will soon be bringing their finished photos to us here so everyone can see the creative ways they used these pieces to accent their SSR. I have pointed them this way, and hope they sign up and support so we can see their results!!
Thanks again for Your suggestion!! :thumbs :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hmmm...

mr.merlin said:
there is a damaged hood on e-bay for sale that is off of a 2005. might be able to use it. $150 bid.
And since it is from a 2005, it will have the mounts for the hood struts. Then all you need to do is make something for the bottom and that freakin' prop rod can go bye-bye!!

Diggs

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Found it thanks SSRer's n/m

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts