Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the hood up on my 04 and it has the ball sockets for the Strut rods but yet I have the prop rod. So has the hood been changed and is it from an 05 or was this a mid year change on the hood? I am going to change it over to the struts with the kit, will these balls be in the correct location for the strut kit?

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,347 Posts
The answer to these questions are best handled by @Mike in AZ , but for openers, I would say the hood has been replaced. If you know someone with an 04 who has changed to the struts you might look at a side by side comparison. I know the struts are the same but I am not sure about placement. I am sure it will be close.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,001 Posts
I had the hood up on my 04 and it has the ball sockets for the Strut rods but yet I have the prop rod. So has the hood been changed and is it from an 05 or was this a mid year change on the hood? I am going to change it over to the struts with the kit, will these balls be in the correct location for the strut kit?
Yes, you have a 2005-06 hood on your 2004. No big deal.

Struts and the hood mount position are the same for the 2003-04 and the 2005-06. On the hood, the OEM ball size is 8mm and we changed the LST to match that about a year ago. Made my life a lot simpler. Older retrofit installations of LST struts on 2003-04 had 10mm ball ends on the hood brackets that were riveted on.

We can come up with a partial set of strut mounts for your truck, if you decide to install the pneumatic struts and toss the prop rod. Just put the note in the comments section of your order and I'll call you to be sure we are on the same page.

Regards,

Mike

OH....And thanks, Dwight for watching my back....:nerd:

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew someone would know, thanks for the quick answers. The hood struts and lowering springs are the next two items on the list of things to do. I will be in contact with Mike to take care of those. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Interesting, my 04 also has the ball sockets but no pneumatic struts ,I use the prop rod. I would measure the ball....at the present time we have a ice and snow storm. Yesterday it was raining and 65.:wink2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts