TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
One Thing to Say.......

:eek

·
Premium Member
9,314 Posts
The supercharger looks good!!!

Doesn't look like the louvres are cut through the hood - or am I missing something?

As for the bumpers, seats, wing and the side striping - ouch!!!!

And some poor Z06 is missing its rear vents

Ray

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ricer-SSR

Ah, this is what happens when a ricer gets hold of an SSR. Checkered Flag graphics, an ineffective wing that wouldn't work attached to a vehicle that would never be used in a situation where it needed it, a name like 'Black Widow', unpainted things stuck on like the rear brake ducts, ridiculous seats... and those bumpers... OMG. The only thing of interest is the charger and it says that it has a different cam to get 500 hp... if that's even true, it probably is a peaky S.O.B. that isn't that great on the street... and TWO, count 'em, TWO bottles of nitrous that aren't even hooked up... mounted at the back... as if this would impress the 16 year olds that see it when the tail-gate is lowered... OMG. If you were driving this you'd look like a :jester

At least, that's how I feel about it.

:lol

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Flassh: I think from the mention of a "double layer hood" that the louvers lead via ducting to the engine air intake, NOT into the underhood area.

Jim G

·
Premium Member
9,314 Posts
I don't think the "designers" of this rather unusual hodgepot of ideas were thinking performance. The vents are rear facing, so if anything, they would be good for pulling hot air out from under the engine compartment by creating a low pressure area. To achieve that, it would be nice if they were actually cut through to the underside.

They would need to be facing forward to have any potential for increasing air pressure to the intake - plus there are no signs of ducting in the photo of the raised hood.

It would be interesting to see if anyone actually bids a reasonable amount for this one.

Ray

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
Somebody step on that spider!

Where's the exhuast coming out at ? It looks like the front under bumber spoiler in the rear end. Can you say..........White punks on Dope .......Good theme song for this one :jester

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Black Widow

Okay, so a lot of us don't find this particular truck to be appealing. There is someone out there who will think it is great, so let's not burst his bubble. :lol To each his own. :cheers

·
Registered
247 Posts
Piddler said:
Looks like $hit to me.
Wonder what was going on in those guys head,
when it was built.

:agree

·
Registered
904 Posts
I like it, Not everything but most of it, With so many SSR's on the road it is nice to see something diff. The wing I don't know and if you have NOS use it, It would sure help cool the super charger down

·
Registered
162 Posts
Double-L said:
I like it, Not everything but most of it, With so many SSR's on the road it is nice to see something diff. The wing I don't know and if you have NOS use it, It would sure help cool the super charger down
are there a lot on the road in Indiana? I live near Berkeley, CA and I know of one other SSR (also black) but hardly ever see it around. Once saw a yellow one passing through town, never saw it again, and one other yellow one that I have also never seen again. guess i'm surprised that i don't see more around, but i don't mind :)

edit - p.s. the Black Widow is FUGLY

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
edit - p.s. the Black Widow is FUGLY[/QUOTE]

Now that's funny ! :glol

·
Registered
487 Posts
After careful consideration of all the facts, weighing the outcome of each individual modification and attempting to justify the merits of all combined into one vehicle, it is the judgment of this individual that only two words could describe what has been presented in this case.........

Hell No!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts